New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2007
    My Honda City 2010 has tok sound in right rear area when I hit a bump or pothole.
    It usually happens when I pass on roads that had potholes before, but are now unevenly covered in asphalt.

The problem appeared more than 1 year ago, and I've asked casa to repair it at least 7 times already, but they can't fix the issue. They just lubricate and tighten parts in the suspension. This minimizes the noise, but it can still be heard. After a few weeks, the noise goes becomes loud again. I still have to raise it to the supervisor of SA.

Any advice?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by otis View Post
    My Honda City 2010 has tok sound in right rear area when I hit a bump or pothole.
    It usually happens when I pass on roads that had potholes before, but are now unevenly covered in asphalt.

The problem appeared more than 1 year ago, and I've asked casa to repair it at least 7 times already, but they can't fix the issue. They just lubricate and tighten parts in the suspension. This minimizes the noise, but it can still be heard. After a few weeks, the noise goes becomes loud again. I still have to raise it to the supervisor of SA.

Any advice?

Mine is 2009 City E, makalampag talaga suspension ng city, have this squeaking sound on the left front for more than a year. This is apparent only in the morning and park for a while and will spontaneously become inaudible few kilometers of driving. Also complained this at honda makati, greasing, lubrication, tightening also done to no relief. Didn't bother about this anymore as there is no performance/safety concerns involved, more of annoyance.However, I also experienced the "TOG" sound coming from the rear suspension, most apparent on concrete road with wide gaps or ugly gap filling ( like the one at Magallanes interchange - anlalake ng gap ). This they were able to resolve. But overall, IMO makalampag talaga city ( Tried other friends city, kala nya nga sira na suspension nung sa kanya, told her sakin din makalampag).

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Yep, medyo makalampag yung current chassis ng City at Jazz. The Jazz rides better than the City but they feel the same when riding on bumps, gaps, or potholes. I drive a 6th gen Accord (98-02) and even though it is much older than the 2009 City/Jazz, it is much more comfortable when riding on bumps, gaps, or potholes (not to mention that my Accord rides on 17" wheels).

4. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    +1 here pagdating sa squeaking sound sa front left area saka matagtag talaga ang GM. yung sa tok sound di ko pa na-experience.
    akala ko nung una dahil nagpalit ako agad ng 17" rims kaya naging matagtag, pero nung nilagay ko ulit yung stock rims halos walang difference.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    may nabasa ako sa hccp. yung cause daw ng ingay is yung bushing ng stabilizer. yung isa pinapalitan nya kaya nawala. yung isa nag spray lang ng wd40 nawala rin, walang update dun sa nag spray ng wd40 kung bumalik yung squeak.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbereight View Post
    may nabasa ako sa hccp. yung cause daw ng ingay is yung bushing ng stabilizer. yung isa pinapalitan nya kaya nawala. yung isa nag spray lang ng wd40 nawala rin, walang update dun sa nag spray ng wd40 kung bumalik yung squeak.

Goodluck!, my 3 yrs warranty is over, have wasted enough time and fuel going to Honda Mkti and still the problem exists. At least no performance/ safety issues involved, as I've said, more of annoyance!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fredgimed View Post
    Goodluck!, my 3 yrs warranty is over, have wasted enough time and fuel going to Honda Mkti and still the problem exists. At least no performance/ safety issues involved, as I've said, more of annoyance!
    saka morning lang naman noticable yung squeak hehe.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by numbereight View Post
    saka morning lang naman noticable yung squeak hehe.
    Exactly!, live with it or sell it. Will settle with it, good things outnumbered the flaws. Powerful engine, very cold aircon, good looks, roomy interior as well as classy, low maintainance. As they say, no car is perfect.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by fredgimed View Post
    Exactly!, live with it or sell it. Will settle with it, good things outnumbered the flaws. Powerful engine, very cold aircon, good looks, roomy interior as well as classy, low maintainance. As they say, no car is perfect.
    +1. at the end of the day ang importante masaya pa rin tayo sa GM natin.