New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    GOOD DAY TO ALL!

I'm currently working here in Qatar and planning to buy a used Honda city 2006 automatic trans (most cars here are automatic trans) and so manual trans cars are very rare unless it's a truck or other types. I've talked to the seller who is a Pakistani and he told me that the problem with his car is that it suddenly stops or engine shuts off, while driving so he doesn't have any choice but to park. And after a few minutes the car will start again and will run normally. He doesn't know if the problem is with the transmission or electrical and he already changed one coil but still having the same problem so he is now selling at a low price of 8,500riyals (around 85,000pesos) cars are really cheap here in Gulf countries. It's also difficult to find Filipino mechanics near my area and mostly like I said earlier vehicles here are more of A/T and I have no idea. So guys please help...Thanx in advance!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by zhikhool View Post
    GOOD DAY TO ALL!

I'm currently working here in Qatar and planning to buy a used Honda city 2006 automatic trans (most cars here are automatic trans) and so manual trans cars are very rare unless it's a truck or other types. I've talked to the seller who is a Pakistani and he told me that the problem with his car is that it suddenly stops or engine shuts off, while driving so he doesn't have any choice but to park. And after a few minutes the car will start again and will run normally. He doesn't know if the problem is with the transmission or electrical and he already changed one coil but still having the same problem so he is now selling at a low price of 8,500riyals (around 85,000pesos) cars are really cheap here in Gulf countries. It's also difficult to find Filipino mechanics near my area and mostly like I said earlier vehicles here are more of A/T and I have no idea. So guys please help...Thanx in advance!
    wow mura ha, if u really want it, buy or borrow a OBD-II (2) scanner and scan the engine for trouble codes, google the resulted codes...

did you know that might be the famous honda CVT failure, google mo na din....

3. Join Date
    Nov 2012
    GOOD DAY TO ALL!

i suggest buy mo na kc super mura na ... ang current price ng ganyan model today is around 18-20K riyals .... then saka mo dalhin sa kasa (Honda Showroom) for complete engine check up (computerized engine analyzer) ... it will not cost you that much .... pm me your mobile # i'll try to call you ... i'm from Jubail, KSA... madalas dn ako pumunta jan sa Doha by car ......

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Buti mabait ung Pakistani dealer na nakausap mo at sinabi nya ung prob ng car.

Try po nyo itong link sa baba baka isa dito ang cause ng problem.

Why would a car only overheat when driving on highway not when driving around town

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Bring it to a Honda dealer and ask them to reset the car's computer. All Honda City 2008 and below needs resetting of computer every time the battery is disconnected. Here in the Philippines it costs around P500.00 for the reset.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    GOOD DAY TO ALL!

Bargain price na yan sadik! bilihin mo na and have it diagnose sa casa.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    GOOD DAY TO ALL!

If I were you, I'd talk with the owner and have the unit scanned for error codes first before entertaining thoughts of buying. It might be the infamous CVT issues that were prevalent in this particular model. I wouldn't want to get a vehicle that would give me nightmares in the end.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Baka ibaon ka ng buhay niyan bro...

Looks to me like it's a transmission problem related to the infamous Honda CVT.... Super mahal ipagawa iyan dito sa atin. I am guessing pareho rin diyan sa Qatar.....

Cash is king bro; so suggest to look around.

18.5K:mail: