New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    to owners of 2006 honda city, do you find ur ride matagtag din? tipong bawat lubak and imperfection sa daan ramdam mo. comparing with a 10 yr old accord, mas smooth ang suspension nung accord.

what can I do para kahit papano maging smoother yung ride? normal is 2 passengers lang. If I put a load sa likod would that help?

I tried to soften the tires a little baka sobrang stiff nung tires, recommended 30 nilagay ko na lang 28 pero didn't help much.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by icon View Post
    to owners of 2006 honda city, do you find ur ride matagtag din? tipong bawat lubak and imperfection sa daan ramdam mo. comparing with a 10 yr old accord, mas smooth ang suspension nung accord.

what can I do para kahit papano maging smoother yung ride? normal is 2 passengers lang. If I put a load sa likod would that help?

I tried to soften the tires a little baka sobrang stiff nung tires, recommended 30 nilagay ko na lang 28 pero didn't help much.
    *icon, stock pa din ba mags mo? or nag low profile ka na ba ng tires?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    It's not the tires. Talagang stiff lang yung suspension ng City.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2003
    everything stock. so pwedeng mag-improve lang if magpalit ng springs and shocks? wala na bang ibang alternatives?

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    sir di ba di magkalevel ung accord at city? mahirap ata ikompare ung dalawa...

6. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    onga naman, iba talaga suspension ng accord, built for comfort ang midsize sedans kahit mga luma.

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hindi ba minsan kapag bagong sakay ka sa auto feeling mo hindi matagtag, pero after a while unti unti mo ng nararamdaman yung talagang feel ng suspension dahil nasasanay ka na? Sa case ng City, sa unang upo, medyo matagtag agad ang feel.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    You have to modify the suspension rate and the dampers, so they will better absorb the bumps. But to compare the City to the Accord is like comparing a Benz to a Toyota, because the City is a light car (so are Japanese cars) and the Accord is a heavier one (like most MB's) so the heavier sprung weight will not transmit the bumps to the passenger as much as they would on a smaller car (inertial mass is higher for the Accord).

There is no other way unless you'll get a larger car that's built for comfort. The compact car suspension designs are typically MacPherson struts so they compromise ride quality with simplicity.

honda city (2006) matagtag?