New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Hi sirs! Asking for your expert opinions.

I'm contemplating on choosing between the two. My company car plan was just approved & I wanted to avail it asap.

The city as of now has a 40k discount & added freebies since there will be a fmc on April. Is it better to wait for the next gen or get the current gen?

The civic, for me, is also good. Spacious, better interior, has imid.. though I didn't liked the rear end and the wheels (same size as the innova??). Are there issues on this gen? Some rants about it not being sporty anymore but for me it was upgraded for elegance.

I'm having difficulties to decide because I wanted the City AT so that my wife can easily drive it. I wanted the civic because it looks cool but my wife is just a novice driver. Driving the MT may be a challenge especially the civic is a bigger car. One of mottos is "kapag happy si misis, happy ang buhay.... pero ako pa rin masusunod." Hahaha..

Again, asking for your inputs on which is which. TIA

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    How about the 1.8S AT? At least, AT to AT yung comparison. Or you could also opt for a Jazz 1.5L.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    How about the 1.8S AT? At least, AT to AT yung comparison. Or you could also opt for a Jazz 1.5L.
    Budget constraints po eh. I can only afford to add around 50k. Dream ko talaga Honda Jazz but mas family oriented & executive looking po yung City & Civic. First ever test drive ko ang Jazz kasi nga yun first choice ko. Mas gugulo utak ko kung isasama ulit Jazz sa choices. Heheheh

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Sir 40k lang difference ng 1.8S MT sa 1.8S AT

Quote Originally Posted by justin27 View Post
    Budget constraints po eh. I can only afford to add around 50k. Dream ko talaga Honda Jazz but mas family oriented & executive looking po yung City & Civic. First ever test drive ko ang Jazz kasi nga yun first choice ko. Mas gugulo utak ko kung isasama ulit Jazz sa choices. Heheheh

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Bro, the size of the car and/or the mode of transmission won't matter after your wife drives it a few times. I'm sure magagamay din nya yan in no time, and later she will surely appreciate your choice of a spacious car. Win-win di ba? hehehe...

6. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Isama mo misis mo sa test drive TS heheh.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by justin27 View Post

The City may have a big trunk but the Jazz has more interior space, not to mention you can fold down the rear seats to allow for bigger stuff to be loaded.

However, I'd still pick the Civic over the City or Jazz. Pardon me but I don't find the City as executive looking.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Pardon me but I don't find the City as executive looking.
    I beg to disagree with this. either stock or modified unit of both, City is corporate and executive looking than the Jazz.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by TopEngine View Post
    I beg to disagree with this. either stock or modified unit of both, City is corporate and executive looking than the Jazz.
    I am not comparing it to the Jazz in terms of corporate/executive look. I merely stated beforehand that the Jazz has more interior space than the City. If you want a more corporate/executive look, go for a compact rather than a sub-compact (Civic over City, Altis over Vios, Elantra over Accent).
    Last edited by Egan101; March 5th, 2014 at 03:03 PM.

Honda City 1.5ENC vs Honda Civic 1.8S MT