New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi fellow Tsikot.com members, newbie here..need your help and opinion on something...

Planning to buy a 2nd hand Honda City 04, option 1) has 17" mags plus pormado and option 2) has stock mags..price and mileage are more less the same..option 2 is casa maintained while option 1 is not.

I've been driving a Honda City 03 model (with stock mags) for about 4 years and I really enjoy the ride and fuel efficiency of the car considering I'm in sales and I do travel in the metro a lot. I use Goodyear brand as tires by the way.

My question is, which option is better? I like the idea that option 1 is "pormado" in a sense, but I've never maintained a car like that before.. Other considerations I have is with regards to expenses: bigger mags = less fuel efficiency,? bigger mags = occasional tire replacement (considering my car usage)? If there's added expenses in terms of maintenance, and di naman ganon kalaki, i wouldnt mind..

I'm planning to use this as a day to day car, office to house and with weekly travels all over Metro Manila, farthest will be Cavite in the south and Valenzuela in the North.

Hope you guys can help me out! Thanks Guys! Feel free to add any issues or ideas you have in relation to my inquiry.

Thanks again

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    I will go for option 2 which is CASA maintained as you mentioned earlier. If it will be your daily driven car for work at least sigurado ka na less sakit ng ulo, reliable and walang na tinker na kakaiba sa parts as it is seviced by HONDA and may track history if ever magka-problem.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Question ... why would you want to replace your 03 city ? It's basically the same with the 04.

IMO, if you have the budget might as well try different cars such as the 02~07 Altis etc.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    My question is, which option is better? I like the idea that option 1 is "pormado" in a sense, but I've never maintained a car like that before.. Other considerations I have is with regards to expenses: bigger mags = less fuel efficiency,? bigger mags = occasional tire replacement (considering my car usage)? If there's added expenses in terms of maintenance, and di naman ganon kalaki, i wouldnt mind..
    Bigger mags = more expensive tires.

Heavier mags = more gas consumption.

Big doesn't always mean heavy.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Question ... why would you want to replace your 03 city ? It's basically the same with the 04.

IMO, if you have the budget might as well try different cars such as the 02~07 Altis etc.
    i sold my 03 city AT to my relative since taas na din ng mileage (former company car kasi)..now im looking for a "newer" city sana...

aside from Altis, what other cars do u suggest? though i want AT sana ..

TIA

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by d_rookie12 View Post
    i sold my 03 city AT to my relative since taas na din ng mileage (former company car kasi)..now im looking for a "newer" city sana...

aside from Altis, what other cars do u suggest? though i want AT sana ..

TIA
    Medyo natatakot ako mag recommend ng previous gen City/Jazz kasi medyo maselan yung CVTs nila. Kung di maalaga yung previous owner, you might get stuck with a bad unit a few years down the road.

A few cars you might want to consider assuming 2nd hand and AT:
    Altis 1.6 (9th gen)
    Vios 1.5 (1st gen)
    Civic (7th gen ES body)

How much ba is your budget? Are you sure you want 2nd hand?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Medyo natatakot ako mag recommend ng previous gen City/Jazz kasi medyo maselan yung CVTs nila. Kung di maalaga yung previous owner, you might get stuck with a bad unit a few years down the road.

A few cars you might want to consider assuming 2nd hand and AT:
    Altis 1.6 (9th gen)
    Vios 1.5 (1st gen)
    Civic (7th gen ES body)

How much ba is your budget? Are you sure you want 2nd hand?
    my budget is around 300-360k..yup, 2nd hand muna