New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    2006-2007 Civic 2.0S M/T parin. In Racing Blue
    Yea. Classic yun racing blue na 2.0 MT. Pero ngayon, Impreza 2.0R nalang ata ang brand new na 2.0 MT? At GT86 pala. Sana yun Focus na dadating may 2.0 MT. TDCi.

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    The FB is now heavier. Around 1250 kgs (same weight now as the base 1.6 Lancer EX)... yet the motor, despite being rated the same, seems a bit more powerful on the dyno... so it might be slower, but probably not by much.

Then again, it's not the speed per se that's the issue. It's the chassis tuning. The new FB has a softer suspension and slower steering than the FD. In other words, it's more relaxing and less exciting to drive.
    I've read na mas malambot nga daw yun ride ng FB compared sa FD. at pati yun seats mas comfortable sa FB. Thanks sir niky.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    and is it also safe to say that the 1.6V Corolla is basically a small Camry? hehe
    According to the guards at Valle Verde, yes. When I went in to visit my tito, nung tinawag sa bahay niya, "white Camry" daw yung Altis

But yes, it does feel a lot like it. Power everything (EPS, windows, speed sensing door locks, folding mirrors, rain-sensing wipers, auto-on HID headlamps that shut off when you forget about them, driver's seat), a comfortable ride, leather seats, etc.

Not much fun around corners and FC isn't commendable, but for those looking for a plush compact car, it's pretty hard to pass up on the Altis 2.0V.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    I have owned two civic's already, an EG and an EK. So calling myself a Honda fanboy would be a fair assesment. But after seeing this new civic, That new Ford Focus i starting to look pretty good. Somewhere along the way, Honda lost its soul, became complacent and played safe. Yes people would still buy it because it is a Honda. But for folks like me who bought these cars before, bought it and kept it. Why? Because it has soul. Those early cars, they were not perfect. No airbags, no ABS, no torque! and a suspension design that nobody wants to touch back then. Their only strong point back then was their engine. And they stuck to it. "Engine Genius!" SOHC engines that revved to 6.8k, DOHC's that revved to 8K. People knew that the car was something special. I was a proud Honda owner then, still is now, but unless Honda gets its mojos back, im not parking another Honda in my garage

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by atsuete View Post
    I have owned two civic's already, an EG and an EK. So calling myself a Honda fanboy would be a fair assesment. But after seeing this new civic, That new Ford Focus i starting to look pretty good. Somewhere along the way, Honda lost its soul, became complacent and played safe. Yes people would still buy it because it is a Honda. But for folks like me who bought these cars before, bought it and kept it. Why? Because it has soul. Those early cars, they were not perfect. No airbags, no ABS, no torque! and a suspension design that nobody wants to touch back then. Their only strong point back then was their engine. And they stuck to it. "Engine Genius!" SOHC engines that revved to 6.8k, DOHC's that revved to 8K. People knew that the car was something special. I was a proud Honda owner then, still is now, but unless Honda gets its mojos back, im not parking another Honda in my garage

Would the ECON MODE button change your mind?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Would the ECON MODE button change your mind?

An eco meter that lights up to let you know you're saving fuel, yet only goes on when you're coasting (read:not stepping on the gas). Already tried that gimmick on the Honda City, the HID headlamps are a welcome addition to the FB though,

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by atsuete View Post
    An eco meter that lights up to let you know you're saving fuel, yet only goes on when you're coasting (read:not stepping on the gas). Already tried that gimmick on the Honda City, the HID headlamps are a welcome addition to the FB though,

In the Kia Rio, I can get the ECO light to turn on simply by being feather light on the throttle. Nice little gimmick. I'd rather have the real time fuel economy guage found in many of the bigger cars.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Better the light and gauge on the Civic because it's line-of-sight... Unlike others where you have to look down.

10. Join Date
    May 2005
    We're almost the same. Our family has owned a '93 A/T, '94 A/T, '95 M/T (all ESi - I kid you not). The EG was really a special car and its SOHC PH16 w/ 120HP smoked its competition (in M/T form only, the A/T was terrible). Sadly sold them off one by one, in the last six years.

The last Honda our family purchased was a '99 EK VTi M/T. With the EK, signs of Honda's decline is slowly creeping from the evident cost cutting measures to the bland design, etc...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Honda Cars PH launches 2.0-liter Civic, other 1.8-liter variants