New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I recently purchased a Honda Civic 1.8V m/t last week. Before the purchase, the sales agent and I agreed that she will be providing a full windshield tint. Anyway, the car was picked up by Tuesday. When we inspected the car at the house, I noticed that the windshield had no tint at all. So I informed the sales agent and she told me to bring the car on Saturday.

Last Saturday, I went back to have the car tinted. The one who received the car was the sales agent and not the service since it was not a service issue but a dispatch issue. She asked me if there were any valuables inside the car. I told her that there is a perfume (still new with box minus a few sprays) in the center console. She told me that it was okay and I also thought it was since my other car is being serviced with those things inside and I haven't experienced loosing it.

Anyway, after 2 hours of waiting, the car was finished. The sales agent gave the car to me and went off. But, just leaving the exit of Honda, I checked the console for the perfume. It's gone!

I parked immediately and went back again and inform the sales agent about what happened. She immediately went in and asked around. The guys who installed the tint confirmed that there was indeed a perfume in the console. But at the wash bay, the guys there said there wasn't.

Maybe it was stupid of me not to get a receiving form from them. But, it's also their job to issue it when they receive a vehicle. Also, someone inside confirmed that there was indeed a perfume inside the car. Now, its nowhere to be found.

It's just so frustrating that we buy a new car, it's always assumed that we also bought some amount of trustworthiness from their end. The perfume is not really a big deal, it's valuable to me since it was a present from my wife last holiday. Also, if you can't trust them on this, how can you trust them in more bigger issues like warranties and repairs?!

I'm filling a formal complaint today because of what happened. I was looking for a manager or somebody who has an authority or power to do something last Saturday but everybody was out.

In my experience, I can say that Honda Cars Pasig (along Libis), Magnanakaw!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2003
    someone stole your perfume and the whole company is now the thief?

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    kung hindi mo iniwan yung pabango.. di wala sana problema..

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    i have a similar experience with honda libis.

i usually leave a bottle or two of alcohol (vodka/wine) at the back of my jazz just in case i need gift or something when going to a biglaan party or dinner with friends. once, i had the car sent to honda for pm. pagbalik sa akin ng car, wala na yung bote.

it's not really a big deal and it's my fault anyway, but this is something honda has to address. yes, they tell us to remove any valuables but as consumers, we also hope that they take care of the contents too and not just the actual unit.

for my regular pm, i have honda libis fetch the car from my house (and sometimes even tell them to bring it back); surely, a lot more of their customers have them do the same. what if itakbo na lang bigla ng agent `yung car? wala namang stub na iniiwan upon pick-up from house eh; the best we can do here is confirm with honda who will pick it up and make sure the same person really does so.

if we can trust them with our cars, i just hope we can trust them with the contents. obviously, since the unit goes through a number of people during the servicing processes, we can't really control accountability of the unit. to some extent, we're paying good money in trusting them our lives' safety as they're the experts on this. i just hope we can trust them with the minor things as well.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    * wakin - the fact that they can't do anything last Saturday to at least make an action that can make a difference or an assurance of a concrete action, yes i shall generalize the organization as thieves.

*qwerty - again, as i mentioned, i thought that part of owning a brand new car comes the trust worthiness of the dealership. apparently, i was wrong. but i also have a basis for my reaction since i've previously owned a nissan, toyota, mazda and a hyundai, leaving inside more valuable items than perfume during service. at one time at nissan, i left my other mobile phone (p990 was new back then) inside and was not included in the check list. i only realized that i was missing the phone (i'm not used to using 2 phones then) the afternoon i was going to pick-up the car. when i picked up the car, they courteously put it on the top of the dashboard. they told me they found it under the driver's seat when they were cleaning it.

yes its my fault not having them receive the car and getting a check list. but isn't their job to give me one? a also have an 06 city idsi and i swear honda's after sales service is the worst ever and swore that i shall never buy a honda again, even if i'm a die hard honda guy since the launch if the esi in '93. but i got the civic because i said to myself it's not logical not to get a clearly good car just because of servicing issues. that's why i got the civic.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    again.. wag mo naman sisihin ang honda.. may taong tumira nung pabango mo.. hindi kasalanan nang honda yun.. kahit sang casa.. kahit sa toyota.. parati nila ni re remind na wag ka mag iiwan nang valuables sa loob nang car..

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Hehe honda cars Pasig...Yung 99 VTI ko dati pina servicean ko, pag uwi ko wala na yung cover ng speaker sa driver's door..nung nireklamo ko sabi sakin dapat daw chineck ko bago ko nilabas...in other words wala nako nagawa, ang masakit nun walang nabibiling ganon kailangan daw buong siding ng pinto bilhin ko..sus mga 6K ata yun noon...

Pano yun part na talaga ng kotse ang nawala? hindi lang basta gamit ng owner?

8. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    *TS
    You should really file a complain. What could they possibly reason out for the lost perfume? Hmm.. because it blocked the service man that placed the tint? Whether or not that's the case, they should have just placed it somewhere else inside the car. Personally, I can't seem to see the logic that those service shops make as an excuse. They are just too coward to admit responsibility (just like in parking areas). What if you have lots of perfume that you can't carry outside your car? If something is lost, then they will not be held liable? That's just a stupid logic hehe IMHO. Those people really make me laugh.

That's why up to now, I'm still hesitating to buy a car. It just means that I'll be having a relationship with those kinds of people (people that always envy others who have cars) as long as I have my car. Most probably I won't even consider buying one as long as I'm here in the Philippines, unless the car will be given to me as a gift or as a company benefit.

You should try other service shops, not necessarily CASA. Definitely not all service men are like that. Good luck.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by _Qwerty_ View Post
    again.. wag mo naman sisihin ang honda.. may taong tumira nung pabango mo.. hindi kasalanan nang honda yun.. kahit sang casa.. kahit sa toyota.. parati nila ni re remind na wag ka mag iiwan nang valuables sa loob nang car..
    honda should be responsible for the acts of their people. when you go to the dealership to have your car serviced, you are transacting with honda cars as a company, not with your service adviser and the technician who will attend to your car. it's half their fault since it's their obligation to issue me checklist and acknowledgment of receipt of the car. it's a SOP in service. they didn't issue one.

i myself am a business owner. if my staff have misdealings, misrepresentations or other faults, i take full responsibility since they represent my company. i can never say to our clients that they dealt with my staff so any fault should be them and my people. It will always be between our clients and my company.

again, i can let go of the perfume issue. with all humility, i can afford to buy another one. it's the act that is in question. you can even leave a twenty centavo on your car and consider it as valuable. it's not the value, it's the act.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Welcome to the world of CASA service. Basta regardless which CASA and which car company always remove the temptations in the car when going for service. Pointless to argue with these people, not worth the headache...

Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast
Honda Cars Pasig, Magnanakaw!