New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i tried to duplicate the key of my 07 mitsu outlander... when i tried to start the engine with it... lumabas dun sa dash na invalid key with a big key image.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    bkit sakin walang ganyan?my car is a 97model civic vti..

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by shotgun_banjo View Post
    Thats strange....All the cars I had always starts with a duplicate key from a locksmith and all of the cars had a Immobilizer on it.... I also tried it on our company van and I had the key duplicated on a local hardware and it worked. The van had a immobilizer on it. Makes me think the immobilizer doesn't work on all of the cars I had. I am worried now as I just went to my garage and tried again a local hardware duplicated key on my murano and it started.....are all of you sure the locksmith in the philippines really copied the key grooves on the original key??? if not......i will be freaking out to find out that something is making the cars start without the chip if what you guys are saying is true.
    mag-istart naman talaga yan eh ang problema bigla ka mamatayan sa kalsada

after a few km

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jcner21 View Post
    bkit sakin walang ganyan?my car is a 97model civic vti..
    for all i know, 7th gen civic has it... not familiar with the older ones.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2011
    guys just got a new city 1.5e. the dealer assured me that the immobilizer is enough protection against car theft. But still requested that they install a car alarm system as well.

are these ok enough or should i still get a steering wheel "club" lock?

thanks in advance for your advices.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2007
    yung mga cars namin with immobilizer will not start. it will just crank and crank forever hehe

7. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by MCL View Post
    guys just got a new city 1.5e. the dealer assured me that the immobilizer is enough protection against car theft. But still requested that they install a car alarm system as well.

wheel club will not work. putulin lang ang steering wheel mo, tangay na ang sasakyan mo. an alarm system is ok, but it gets annoying when it regularly goes off, hence the people will just discard the alarm altogether. if the alarm system is free, then get it, moreover if it's a viper smartstart.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

You can start the car with your main key and your backup key. With the backup key though, you have to manually open the door. I tried that.

I have not tried duplicating the key (from a locksmith), to check if the immobilizer really works.

Bro.,- it depends on your level of comfort zone. If you feel that you need to install an alarm, and then add a third level of security with a steering wheel lock, then go for both. But, I'd still say they're deterrents to carnapping....

12.1K:drunk:

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011

I have the same ride, the immobilizer may help prevent the car from leaving but not keeping your valuables safe from a thief breaking your windows. Never leave anything important in the car if you don't plan to get an alarm....

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I am using a GSM alarm for my honda city 1.5, it works like the basic alarm system with shock sensor etc... pero aside from magaalarm lang yung siren,,, my car will send a text message to me everytime may madetect yung sensor. pwede din sya mag silent mode and still magsesend pa din ng text message sakin. a full featured GPS tracker is combined with the GSM alarm.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Honda Anti-carnapping feature