New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Hello po,

Ask ko lang po kung when po ba magtu-turn ON ung condenser fan nung Honda accord 94?

Hindi po ba merong 2 fan dun sa radiator. Ung isa, RADIATOR FAN and the other one is called CONDENSER FAN. Ung RADIATOR FAN ko po eh umiikot naman. However, ung CONDENSER FAN ko po eh HINDI.

Sabi po ng iba magtu-turn ON lang ung CONDENSER FAN kapag naka ON ung AIRCON. Try ko po i-ON ang aircon and checked kung umiikot, totoo nga! CONDENSER FAN turns on when AIRCON is ON.

Sabi naman ng iba, kahit OFF and AIRCON, kapag mainit na, dapat
    automatic magtu-turn ON ung CONDENSER FAN para tulungan ung
    RADIATOR FAN palamigin ung engine.

Everytime nasa traffic ako, umaakyat po ung temperature ABOVE the normal level. Once nung inabutan ako ng overheat, tinabi ko po ung car, opened the hood and checked kung umiikot ung CONDENSER FAN... HINDI po sya umiikot. Ung RADIATOR FAN lang po ang umiikot. Note na hindi po ako naka-aircon that time.

Again my question is: In what condition/situation po ba magtu-turn ON ang CONDENSER FAN ng Honda Accord 94?

Thanks po in advance!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Ang alam ko kapag naka ON lang ang AC mag switch to ON ang condenser fan but im not sure.

Advice ko sayo ipa check mo sa casa yan kasi medyo luma na ang Accord mo baka may problem na ang motor ng fan.

Yung dati kong car although hindi Honda nasira din ang motor ng fan ko dahil sa kalumaan kaya nag over heat din ako.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    [SIZE=3]Hi[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]The 2nd electric fan is a back up to maintain engine temperature. So, it is automatic when an extra engine load, such as the A/C system. It will cut in and out at certain temperatures. This is typical to all vehicles.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My advise to you is to bring your car to a trusted electrician assuming other conditions are in good operating conditions.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3]My email is practicalmechanic*gmail.com[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3][/SIZE]

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    it doesn't matter if your a/c is on or off. the 2nd fan or condenser fan should run whenever the temperature of your engine rises. I've experienced that before when my accord's rad was dirty. during highway speed my engine's temp rises that's why i turn off the a/c. when i got home i checked both fans if they're running and both of them are running even though i turned off the a/c way before i arrived.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    any body help pls...i do have honda esi 95
    my aircon isnt working nung nagpalagay ako ng thermostat, blower only.
    one time dahil mainit i turned on my a/c even its not working but then before i can reach home biglang na wala ung fan, then the temperature reach high, umingay ung makina at nag overheat, i was so nervous...
    Connected ba ung wirings ng aircon sa cooling system?

6. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    hello all. bka makakatulong na experience ko dn kc tumaas ang temp (honda accord 96 a/t). Nakita ng mekaniko mahina n ang ikot ng auxilliary fan (not sure if yun nga name nya,un kc yun maliit n fan),pinalitan un motor at the same time overhaul ng radiator,so far ok na oto ko. Tip lng kc sa rapide ko nagpa service,it cost me 8k pro sabi ng friend ko kht sa mga aircon shop pwede mo papalitan un fan saglit lng un at yun radiator kht sa mga talyer lng ng radiator sa tabing daan pwede rin, makakatipid ka.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Baka makatulong po ito, palitan nyo na po thermostat nyan baka luma na. Ang condenser fan switches on only when you use the aircon and when it attains the inside car temperature it shuts off.Also, are the cylinder head gaskets new if some oil is leaking change it. Change also your radiator cap if already old.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Sir sira na po ung isa nyo na Fan kya nag-ooverheat, sabay po lagi dapat ung 2 Fan. When you turn on ur Aircon sabay din po yun. Surplus na lang po bilihin nyo dami po nyan sa Evanghelista Pasay or Banawe QC, pra mkamura kyo mas ok po kung 2 na bilihin nyo kc ung isa na gumagana pa malapit na rin masira yan. Palinisan nyo na rin ung Radiator and Engine check for leaks also after, den put coolant to extend life of ur Radiator.

Mas ok nga ung design ng cooling system ng accord compare sa civic kc sa accord masira ung isa fan mkakauwi pa khit pano kc sabay nga cla 2 fan basta hwag kna lang mag AC. Unlike sa civic ung Fan nya sa Radiator pag bumigay wla na towing kna, kc nga individual ung Fan nya hndi cla sabay gumagana.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by rusem View Post
    it doesn't matter if your a/c is on or off. the 2nd fan or condenser fan should run whenever the temperature of your engine rises. I've experienced that before when my accord's rad was dirty. during highway speed my engine's temp rises that's why i turn off the a/c. when i got home i checked both fans if they're running and both of them are running even though i turned off the a/c way before i arrived.
    My 97 Accord has the same problem. I just got back from Angeles, Pampangga. On the way there while driving at NLEX speeds of about 100Kph ~ 120Kph with the aircon on, my temperature slowly and steadily rises from below half to the red zone. When I turn the A/C off the temperature goes back down to normal.

This only happens when driving at highway speeds, on my way back home to Makati when I got to EDSA, I put the A/C on again but I did not overheat.

Do you guys think my Accord's problem can be fixed with radiator cleaning? Or could the problem be much worse?

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    My 97 Accord has the same problem. I just got back from Angeles, Pampangga. On the way there while driving at NLEX speeds of about 100Kph ~ 120Kph with the aircon on, my temperature slowly and steadily rises from below half to the red zone. When I turn the A/C off the temperature goes back down to normal.

This only happens when driving at highway speeds, on my way back home to Makati when I got to EDSA, I put the A/C on again but I did not overheat.

Do you guys think my Accord's problem can be fixed with radiator cleaning? Or could the problem be much worse?
    Update, it was due to a faulty and under spec radiator cap. it wasn't able to hold the pressure when the water heats up. bought a new one from speedyfix, rated 1.1 bar. now no more overheat

And now I also use a coolant mix to prevent boil overs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast