New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Guy, can you recommend an honest and competent shop who can source and install a surplus A/T transmission for my 97 Honda Accord VTI-S?

Preferably in or around Makati. Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    try mo din sa casa. ngayon nag bebenta nadin sila ng remanufactured na automatics. don't know about the exact price pero may warranty naman ata ito kahit papano.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Any other recommendations?

I tried calling Kaizen, but they did not have a transmission for my accord.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    siguro pwede mo din subukan sa speedyfix, although it's located in mandaluyong.

i remember they were once offering their services to a fellow tsikoteer wherein they would replace a shoddy cvt tranny of a 1.3 idsi jazz w/ a fresh surplus one w/c they themselves would provide. maybe they could do the same thing for your accord bro

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    After procrastinating for so long, I decided on an overhaul. I dropped off my Accord at Mel's shop in Sucat this morning for a Transmission overhaul finally.

Seems honda does not make any original rebuild kits for my tranny anymore, had to go with a made in US replacement. Mel says not to worry about the quality as he uses it on all his Honda tranny overhauls and proven that it's of good quality. I sure hope I don't get a lemon, fingers crossed!

I needed these parts :
    Rebuild Kit, US made - 8K
    ATF filter - 1.4K
    Honda ATF 6 liters - 550 per liter

The rebuild kit and ATF filter quotation came from CarPower, Mel says he can find me a better deal, so I left the sourcing to him.
    The overhaul will be finished this thursday, there was another Accord (98) tranny being overhauled, so i need to wait in line.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    good for you idol...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Got my Accord back today as promised, it was actually finished yesterday just couldn't drive it home, coding kasi.
    drove it from Sucat to Makati along the Skyway and it was sweet and responsive, also my RPM at 100Kph is now lower at around 2.9K RPM compared to before where it was around 3.1K RPM ... I hope I see better FC now

Honda Accord 97 A/T - surplus replacement