New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Hi,

I have a Honda Accord 97 and the Automatic transmission no longer shifts smoothly. From 1st gear to 2nd gear ang lakas ng kadyot pag nag shift. Same with 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th, pero mas mahina na yung kadyot. Ok din naman yung ATF levels... yun nga lang hindi pa ako nag papalit ng ATF since January 2010.

Before I bring it to a mechanic, do you guys have any ideas on what could be wrong?

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    how long have you had the vehicle? any history of being flooded?

what brand of atf did you use?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Magpalit ka na ng ATF fluid mawawala problema . Makikita mo naman sa kulay ng ATF fluid mo kung brown na ang kulay karamihan pula ang kulay pag sariwa pa ang ATF fluid mo. Sa shell service station mo na lang paggawa para malinis tuloy filter ng transmission mo.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    no history of being flooded as far as i know. try ko mag palit mamaya sa shell.
    balitaan ko kayo. Thanks!

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Malakas din yung nginig nya pag naka engage (1,2,D3,D4,R) at naka idle lang, pag naka Neutral wala naman nginig ... ATF lang din kaya katapat nun?

6. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    yung vibration more of sa engine supports, i would suggest honda ATF gamitin mo... mas mahal lang nga un

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    i agree w/ bro chris d. medyo nangingilala ang mga honda tranny kaya honda oem atf talaga ang recommendation ng mga honda users pag dating sa atf replacement.

bili ka nalang sa casa tapos sa labas mo na palagay para makatipid

hth

8. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    i've experienced this.. but even after changing ATF, there was barely an improvement.. the problem was actually the engine support. one of them was worn out na. It was also why merong vibration. Pagka-palit ng engine support, nawala ang vibration, and i cant tell na it shifts unless i see the tach needle drop.

i don't know with your case though. try changing the ATF nga. If ma-solve, then good.. but if not, check your engine supports if ok pa. try starting your car with the hood open. have somenone shift the lever from D and R back and forth while you look at the engine. If the engine moves around a lot, theres something wrong with your engine support...

9. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Changed ATF this morning sa Shell lang, it improved a bit. Next I'll have the engine supports checked.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    update lang, nag palit na ako ng lahat ng engine support, basag na lahat except yung sa driver side. ok na sya ngayon, hindi na nanginginig. Thanks sa lahat ng nag reply

Honda Accord 97 A/T help