New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    mga sirs, tanung ko lang kung pwede lagyan ng turbo intercooler ang vtec 96 na a/t and what other mods should i've done first before putting turbo intercooler..

thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sir unang una is to change to m/t... sisirain lang yung a/t kung you put in extra power. also forged pistons... etc.

yes you can put turbo intercooler sa ph16 pero why not invest to b16's na lang muna or better yet K20 than to put it a turbo sa ph16? your engine is made for economy and not performance.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    hehe yeah.

you must have unlimited funds to turbo intercool your ph16. that and a damn good mechanic.

that said, it's always been my dream to drive a turbo intercooled automatic car . one guy at hondaclub some years back ginawang turbo yung stock a/t honda nya(forgot na if it was crv or civic) without changing the tranny. worked well naman daw pero at a certain point in the power upgrade, parang hindi na daw kaya nung tranny.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mspc56791979 View Post
    mga sirs, tanung ko lang kung pwede lagyan ng turbo intercooler ang vtec 96 na a/t and what other mods should i've done first before putting turbo intercooler..

thanks
    Depends on the target HP gains you have with the turbo.

If you have relatively low HP targets like the boost is limited to 5 or 6 psi, you can use the stock pistons and the stock A/T tranny as well.

You will have to bear in mind that the fuel consumption WILL increase. This is not a mod if you have a limited budget for gasoline.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks mga sir sa inputs so kung di pwede turbo intercooler ano pwede upgrade sa kotse ko (currently in stock engine) para ma improve konte performance and saan may good and honest mechanic

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what is your target budget for your modifications? If it's around P25K, you can try looking into the following:

-standard IHE mods (intake, headers, exhaust)
    -SAFC/VTEC controller (second hand units would be cheaper)
    -dyno tuning

The gains would be modest though.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; May 3rd, 2008 at 11:21 AM.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    yup mga ganyan budget ko ... saan meron gumagawa sir? bandang sucat sana... ilang hp kaya dagdag nyang ganyang mods?

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mspc56791979 View Post
    yup mga ganyan budget ko ... saan meron gumagawa sir? bandang sucat sana... ilang hp kaya dagdag nyang ganyang mods?
    I know at least two shops with inhouse dynos. Speedlab (Quezon AVE) and Auto-plus (EDSA, near greenhills). Note: dyno tuning time is around P5K per hour.

No idea on the actual possible gains. Maybe the Honda guys can shed more light on this.

honda 96 a/t upgrade