New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Hi members, can you help me, im a newbie here. I just got problem that my 97 VTI has slow performance, too slow to accumulate speed. parang bitin....tune up lang ba katapat nya, please advise nmn...thanks and more power

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Ganyan din Vti namin dati Hirap umarankada. Ang lakas pa sa gas..

Change Oil at tune up siguro katapat niyan.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    maingay ba makina sir?
    pa tune up mo..

4. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Mikomaks - thanks for the reply

*silverworks. -- di nmn maingay ang makina, ang bagal tlga nya umarangkada at mabagal bumilis.....nabibitin ako sa performance nya...

tune up lang siguro to...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyEarl1035 View Post
    Mikomaks - thanks for the reply

*silverworks. -- di nmn maingay ang makina, ang bagal tlga nya umarangkada at mabagal bumilis.....nabibitin ako sa performance nya...

tune up lang siguro to...
    [SIZE="4"]REMINDER: do not post messages in SMS/TXT shortcut format & grammar. Use proper sentenses and paragraph construction. If your posted message is hard to read, less people will read it & respond.

Read the RULES.

Ignorance is NOT an excuse.

Repeated offenses will lead to banning.
    [/SIZE]

6. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    have the following done to your VTi:

1. change the oil and air filters
    2. change the spark plugs
    3. have the timing and valve adjustments checked and adjusted... VERY VERY IMPORTANT (HAVE THE CASA DO THIS ITS 990 PETOT
    4. change the transmission oil... USE ONLY HONDA ATF-Z1 sa casa mo na rin pagawa ito
    5. inflate your tires to 31 psi
    6. remove unnecessary junk in your car

guaranteed, bibilis yan. as you drive your car and do research in the internet, you will understand why i want you to have these things done.

the regular "tune-up" sa gas station just won't do it. in fact, i think hindi naman tune up talaga ginagawa dito... simpleng palit lang ng spark plugs tune up na sa kanila. a true tune up involves setting the timing and adjusting the valve clearances... THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT FOR HONDA ENGINES

7. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Thanks a lot Volts, I already left my unit to my friend's autoshop, hope tomorrow I can test drive and see the difference.

I'll definitely follow your suggestions.

By the way, is there a Civic autoclub, etc that I can Join

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyEarl1035 View Post
    Thanks a lot Volts, I already left my unit to my friend's autoshop, hope tomorrow I can test drive and see the difference.

I'll definitely follow your suggestions.

By the way, is there a Civic autoclub, etc that I can Join

here oh

http://www.civicclubph.com/index.php

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Guys - I brought my car to casa last weekends, pina ayos ko ang pang ilalim, I spent 19,500 to be exact, including change oil,and spark plug.

My bad experience sa Casa - sa Binan Laguna, cause I'm living there. My friend introduce me to the owner and think of I can avail any discount.

Here's what happened.

Nag change Oil sila, palit ng sparkplugs without checking my oil filters (iniwan ko kasi nung friday at binalikan ko nung Sat.), so when I checked it ganun pdin ang takbo, ang bagal.

Pinalitan nmin ang air at oil filter, at naka advance settings daw, Initially umayos ang takbo but not that whats my expectations. Yesterday, sunday, 80 lang ang takbo ko as SLEX, at pag tumatagal na, lalong bumabagal.

So, my bad experience with that Jomaks sa Platero, Binan. Ni singkong duling hindi ako nka discount. Na bad trip ako, di din naayos ang makina.

Even my A/C namamatay pag na ka stop.

Pag tumatagal, I cant even start the engine, problem daw sa Ignition Coil..

Guys help me, I'm thinking baka distributor, but i have to check ATF at Ignition coil so I can use it properly.

Sa mga taga Binan, Laguna, my bad experience sa Jomaks,

thanks guys

10. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Yung Casa sa laguna is yung Honda mismo, tapos palyado parin?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Honda 1997 VTI Matic - slow performance