New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    I had my car oil changed last May at Honda Cars Makati. I was wondering if the oil they used is really synthetic and if it is, instead of waiting for 6 months for the next oil change can I just extend it to 10,000 kms? I've read that synthetic motor oils can last up to 10k and even 20k (that's pushing it). I just want to save money haha! Cheers

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    You can push it past 10,000 kms if you installed good filter to start with. Those filters Honda casa are selling are terrible (esp. the ones made in thailand).

The usual Casa practice with fully synthetic oil change is after 5,000 kms change oil filter and top up of oil. Once you reach 10,000 change both oil and filter.

Their Mineral looks like that. White label and it says 10W-30.

Their Fully synthetic comes with gold labeling. It is 5W-40. Fully Synthetic is also indicated on the label.
    Last edited by number001; July 9th, 2012 at 10:58 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Thanks for the quick response! My bad, its 5w40 not 10w40 :D I've been thinking if I should have the oil change done outside the case but I don't know any reputable shops that won't "cheat" mo so to speak since my knowledge of cars isn't that extensive haha! Thanks sir number001 for the much needed info :D

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    If your Honda is still within the warranty period (ie. less than 3 yrs old) then its still better to have all services (ie oil change) done at the Honda Casa for the sake of the vehicle's warranty.

There are some reputable shops like speedyfix (speedfixph.c0m). Although I haven't tried them out yet.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    there are many credible auto shops nowadays. maybe you can consult your fellow tsikoteers where you could have your car services in relation to your proximity bro

bro number001:

i've read that vic oil filters isn't the primo brand that most everyone thinks of. care to name a reputable brand of oil filter w/c is durable, efficient, and bang for the buck, bro? i'm due for an oil change and i'd like to get an excellent filter. tnx!

6. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    there are many credible auto shops nowadays. maybe you can consult your fellow tsikoteers where you could have your car services in relation to your proximity bro

bro number001:

i've read that vic oil filters isn't the primo brand that most everyone thinks of. care to name a reputable brand of oil filter w/c is durable, efficient, and bang for the buck, bro? i'm due for an oil change and i'd like to get an excellent filter. tnx!
    Bosch would be your best bet.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ where do you buy those? i've seen them before at true value but they've pulled them out since. i'm not sure if our neighborhood auto supply shops carry those

8. Join Date
    May 2012
    yung vic nakalagay made in japan? japan nga ba talaga?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by baludoy View Post
    ^ where do you buy those? i've seen them before at true value but they've pulled them out since. i'm not sure if our neighborhood auto supply shops carry those
    sa Warren auto supply in binondo may Bosch. sila distributor.
    Quote Originally Posted by hachooro View Post
    yung vic nakalagay made in japan? japan nga ba talaga?
    yes its japan made. but inferior quality. try to read http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel...tration-79219/ to understand more about oil filters.

Honda 10w40 Synthetic Motor Oil