New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by number001 View Post
    The possibility of Honda becoming "number 5", after Mitsubishi overtakes them, is not moot.
    MMC is already #2. baka Kia yung mag-overtake sa kanila sa #4 spot and ibig mo sabihin?
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    iirc ... a few days ago, i saw an ad/promo of honda in a newspaper... win a free trip to japan!

Saan dun? Sa Fukishima?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Outgoing Honda Cars Philippines president Hiroshi Shimizu is headed back to Japan where he will be tasked to oversee the brand's operations in North America.

Shimizu led the launch of the 2011 Honda Jazz as his four-year stint in the Philippine car industry nears its end. A new president, whom Honda Cars Philippines has yet to name, will be reporting for duty starting April 1.

"This will be my last event with Honda Cars Philippines," Shimizu said during the Jazz launch.
    When asked about what he thinks is his greatest legacy as the big boss of Honda's Philippine operations, Shimizu said it would be his implementation of corporate governance into the company.
    Voltaire Gonzales, Honda Cars Philippines' vehicle sales and corporate communications chief, echoed Shimizu's sentiment.

"He instilled professionalism into the company. You can say that the younger employees in the company ripened quickly under his watch," Gonzales said.
    http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/outgo...rofessionalism

He is going to North America?? He couldn't even maintain growth equivalent to the market in a THIRD WORLD country and he goes to a bloody competitive FIRST WORLD market?

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    ^^^

yah he is going there to kick allan mullaly's butt....

if he can hehe

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Altough I've purchased a Civic FD and Jazz gen 1.... I've always found Honda's marketing strategy a litle "mayabang"...

They offer little or no discounts.

Manage to raise prices every MMC change with out adding more value added features..

And considering their line-up choices....

No Manual tranny choices for the Jazz 1.5 and current Civic FD.
    As mentioned above, no 7 seater for the market.
    And most of their Casa's wanting in terms of aftermarket excellence...

No wonder they "faded" (copying top gears words) into the no.3 spot.

They must cater to the niche markets... give the consumer choices , not dictate the choices... This is why Hyundai is no.2 now.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    tingen ko hindi naman yun president yan. Honda is doing an Isuzu. nagmatigas sa current trends and look what happened to Isuzu. I think it's more for the owners of the dealers. when the tucson got released last year, what Honda did was raise their prices ngek

and the upcoming models aren't competitive either ... looks like bye bye Honda.

i have driven the new M/T 1.4 accent, and boy it's fast. the quality of ride is comparable to my Sta Fe but of course, without the ground clearance

tatalunin talaga ng Hyundai accent ang segment na yan

7. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    Altough I've purchased a Civic FD and Jazz gen 1.... I've always found Honda's marketing strategy a litle "mayabang"...

They offer little or no discounts.

Manage to raise prices every MMC change with out adding more value added features..

And considering their line-up choices....

No Manual tranny choices for the Jazz 1.5 and current Civic FD.
    As mentioned above, no 7 seater for the market.
    And most of their Casa's wanting in terms of aftermarket excellence...

No wonder they "faded" (copying top gears words) into the no.3 spot.

They must cater to the niche markets... give the consumer choices , not dictate the choices... This is why Hyundai is no.2 now.

diba nagkaroon naman ang honda na 10 seater.. remember yung lumabas ang 2nd Gen CRV... kasya daw 10 dun.. and it was selling like hotcake... Kung sino man ang r&d nila nuon dapat binalik nila kung wala na...

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by imperialv View Post
    diba nagkaroon naman ang honda na 10 seater.. remember yung lumabas ang 2nd Gen CRV... kasya daw 10 dun.. and it was selling like hotcake... Kung sino man ang r&d nila nuon dapat binalik nila kung wala na...
    7 seater lang yun...kaya ginawa ni Honda yun para makapasok sa tax breaks para sa "AUV" segments, where-in if you can seat 7 or more, pasok ka dun, and because of that they managed to lower the price of the CRV gen 2 back then ( the one and only time) albeit with the same profit margin, kaya bumenta nsto CR-V gen 2 noon. Pero short lived din , dahil tinanggal din ng BIR/DTI(?) yung tax break after an actual fitting of 7 adult...well didnt exactly fit comfortably...

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Honda needs to add more cars and variants (M/T) as well as be competitive in pricing. Mahal na nga parts nila and service, mahal pa rice samantalang yung mga kalaban nila ay puro value-for-money na ang proposition.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by petixs View Post
    7 seater lang yun...kaya ginawa ni Honda yun para makapasok sa tax breaks para sa "AUV" segments, where-in if you can seat 7 or more, pasok ka dun, and because of that they managed to lower the price of the CRV gen 2 back then ( the one and only time) albeit with the same profit margin, kaya bumenta nsto CR-V gen 2 noon. Pero short lived din , dahil tinanggal din ng BIR/DTI(?) yung tax break after an actual fitting of 7 adult...well didnt exactly fit comfortably...
    Joke nga yun before.. diba it can seat 10 persons...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Hiroshi Shimizu will leave HCPI starting APRIL 1...