New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Ask ko lang po sainyo..ndi pa po ako well versed when it comes to cars..gusto ko lang po malaman..kasi im planning to buy a civic 97 or 98,,pero ang mileage po nya is around 140k to 150k..ok lang po kaya un?? anu ba ang pwedeng mangyare pag mataas na ang mileage??? may malaking impact ba ito?? or ok lang kahit mataas ang mileage just as long na napalitan na ang time belt...

I will appreciate all the replies based on your knowledge and experience guys..thanks in advance..

Cheers!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    No problem if the car is high mileage, things that you should be careful about is if it was maintained properly, ask for the history of the car if possible. Look for signs if the unit is flooded. hth

3. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    oh aryt thanks much..its been bothering me for quite sometime kasi ang car na trip kong bilhin eh mataas na ang mileage..pero its a good thing to know na no problem naman pala...

astig tlga..ang dami nyong alam. )

Salamat sa reply..thanks so much.. really appreciate this.

Cheers!!!

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    mileage is kinda high.

but if it's mostly highway miles, i guess it ok.

pero if i buy it, i will haggle the f--- out of it, tapos palit lahat pati goma.

buy one with shiny, original paint.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    No problem if the car is high mileage, things that you should be careful about is if it was maintained properly, ask for the history of the car if possible. Look for signs if the unit is flooded. hth
    he is right on the money. however, you might also consider how are you going to use the car. if you will be hauling people, then it might not be a good idea to buy an old car, especially with the kind of mileage you are looking at. engines tend to lose compression as they age, it will cause power loss and you might be disappointed how powerless your vehicle might become.

however, if you will be the only person who will ride the car, perhps the vehicle that you are looking at is just right for you.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Cool! thanks for the advice....actually I just plan to use the car by my self not primarily to you know haul people in and go someplaces..just for city driving though....thanks much for the advise really is enlightening..

If you have more experiences please don't hesitate to post em here..SOBRANG nakakatulong kayo..

Cheers!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I think for this car, 97-98 model.. 140-150 k on its odometer is still low.. why? If you will compute it is averaging 10,000km/yr, 833km/month and 26km/day if you will base that this car is used on everyday basis,..

I've just figure this out when i had my new car.. imagine my car is just 3 years but odometer reads already 70,000km+. i use it everyday 50kms back and forth in work.. but still my car still fresh and looks new... thats why i told you a 140k on its odo is still low for a 14 year old car..

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    tama sila check nyo po yung actual condition ng auto. I myself on the average travel approx. 20t kms in a year.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    lagi nga nila sinasabi, wala sa mileage yan, nasa maintenance nang auto, yung sa tito ko na lancer, 190k odo, pero sa 100kph relax na relax pa, parang cruising speed niya 100kph ehe,,

10. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    mileage is not always the barometer. general condition of the car is the best way to gauge. besides, kilometer reading can be deliberately altered if the seller really wants to cheat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
High mileage Civic 97, 98