New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that happened to me too.
    when the fuel went down to 91 RON, from 12 kpl, my average consumption went down to 9 kpl.
    when i used the next higher fuel with RON rating, went back to around 12-13 kpl.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by granro01 View Post
    The same has happened to my 2002 type Z 1.3.. Now my consumption rose to 10 km/li since the government started to eased up the addition of alcogas from E5 to E10..According to research this significantly affects the fuel consumption...Tiis na lang tayo for the environment..
    I gas up with Petron XCS. How about you?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    that happened to me too.
    when the fuel went down to 91 RON, from 12 kpl, my average consumption went down to 9 kpl.
    when i used the next higher fuel with RON rating, went back to around 12-13 kpl.
    But I've always used 95 RON... This is the first time my fuel consumption dipped to the 9 level..

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Try to check the car's air filter, intake, and throttle body. Dirt within those parts can cause your FC to dip below normal.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Egan101 View Post
    Try to check the car's air filter, intake, and throttle body. Dirt within those parts can cause your FC to dip below normal.
    +1 on this

Sent from the bottom of my .....

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Ganyan din nangyari sa min, usually 12 sya then went down to 9 to 10 ever since nagpalit ng 91 ron. Sabi ng honda marumi na ang fuel filter. We'll get it back Monday sana ok na. Mag 90k na kasi odo and sabi ng services nalimutan palitan yung fuel filter nung 80k pms.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    as the other guy says better palit din ng spark plug

pa tappets nyo din yung head ng engine nyo and possible is yung gas nga kasi from 93 naging 91 nalang ngayon.

XCS is 95 and so far steady naman consumptions ng mga kakilala kong users ng SX8.

btw baka interested kayo sumali sa sx8 group you can visit our site SX8 Army all users are sx8 (honda city gen1 and type z)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    hi. I'm new here in tsikot.com. i mean this is the first time that I'll post a comment. but I've been reading a lot if discussions here for some time.

i just acquired a pre owned honda city type z 1.3 hyper 16. 4 days ko pa lang sya ginagamit from home to work vice versa. muntinlupa to ortigas. to test the consumption i always took the east service road ng slex then c5 or Edsa. iba iba ang oras ng byahe ko. may umaga. may noontime. pero lahat un eh dumanas ng lubhang traffic. travel time to work took 2.5 to 3hours. i thought this should be the worst scenario for baselining. total mileage ran is 271. fuel consumed is 36L. bale wala pa ako sa 8kpl. ayus lang kaya ito? gusto ko rin subukan naman sa highway. i am hoping to get at least 12kpl. hindi naman ako mainit sa pedal. early shifting din ako. Shell unleaded gamit ko eh.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Elvin De Leon View Post
    hi. I'm new here in tsikot.com. i mean this is the first time that I'll post a comment. but I've been reading a lot if discussions here for some time.

i just acquired a pre owned honda city type z 1.3 hyper 16. 4 days ko pa lang sya ginagamit from home to work vice versa. muntinlupa to ortigas. to test the consumption i always took the east service road ng slex then c5 or Edsa. iba iba ang oras ng byahe ko. may umaga. may noontime. pero lahat un eh dumanas ng lubhang traffic. travel time to work took 2.5 to 3hours. i thought this should be the worst scenario for baselining. total mileage ran is 271. fuel consumed is 36L. bale wala pa ako sa 8kpl. ayus lang kaya ito? gusto ko rin subukan naman sa highway. i am hoping to get at least 12kpl. hindi naman ako mainit sa pedal. early shifting din ako. Shell unleaded gamit ko eh.
    well, you have to remember that in standstill traffic, fuel efficiency is at 0 km/liter..
    in the heavy traffic that you described, i'd say you're in the ball park..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    I refilled recently and drove to cavite and tgaytay on the weekend. I took daang hari then slex. Maluwag lahat daan. As per reading I am getting a better mileage. From 8kpol it is now 10kpl. Pero since those were highways I was expecting na umabot sa 12kpl. Try ko nga din pacheck spark plug and filters. Tutal malapit na pa change oil.

Speaking of oil, ok lang ba mineral?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast