New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Hi all,

I am a newbie to the honda world so please forgive my ignorance.

I'd like to upgrade the mags of my 1.8V civic from a 15" to a 16" and I also want to change my headlights to HID. Does anyone know how much it would cost? and also, I noticed that the 1.8S and above has an auxilliary out for the built in car stereo, is there a way that I can modify my own built in car audio to have an aux out for my IPOD?

Sana meron kayong mga masuggest na place to trade in my stock mags ( 2 months use ) and where to get cheap HID lights.

Salamat mga sir at maam!

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Just a thought to share.... You will likely lose your warranty if you change the mags and tires from the stock.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Not sure about losing the warranty but when I changed my Accord to HID bulbs still intact pa rin yung warranty ko. Yung mags and tires not sure about that, baka hindi ma-void?!

Akala ko when you meant "dress-up" eh bodykit ang kailangan mo. If you want a nice bodykit, go for the Mugen kit and go to C3 4X4 kay sir Sanny. Naka advertise ata yung kit niya dito sa tsikot virtual banawe.

Oo nga pala, from what I recall there are 3 types of warranties on a vehicle: engine, body and electronics. Don't know if Honda applies it as an all-in-one na tipo nag modify ka lang ng stereo mo eh void na rin warranty ng makina mo.?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    in my experience, medyo bitin if you only go plus 1 inch on the rims. it's not a huge difference...medyo bitin ang dating. if you go at least plus 2 (so 17" in your case) mas maganda ang effect of course, it's more expensive, and you have less rubber to guard against bengkong...but if it's looks you're after you can't beat this.

also factor in the cost of lowering springs or new suspension when you put on bigger rims. without lowering your car will look like an SUV with the bigger wheels.

i don't understand the car audio question. kung may aux connection na yung car stereo mo, all you need is the right wire to play your ipod thru the car stereo. or maybe i misunderstood your question

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Definitely do not change the suspension or lower the car yan 100% sure ako void ang warranty That is if you care for your warranty.... If not, by all means!

*empy
    I think he was referring to the 1.8S (in the Philippines the base models do not have AUX but that will be changed in 2008 where all specs will already have AUX) which has the AUX the 1.8V does not.... He has the 1.8V

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    17" looks best on the Civic. It'll make it more sluggish off-the-line at stoplights, but that's okay.

For Honda to deny warranty on anything, they have to prove that whatever mods you performed caused the warranty problem. If you have a suspension problem, keep your original rims and swap them on when going to the shop.

Unless you get ultra-heavy "bling" rims, such as 20 pound 17 inch chromed rims or 25 pound 18 inchers, bigger rims should not hurt your suspension. Lowering springs on stock shocks definitely will. If you want to lower, go for a matched spring and shock set... aftermarket shocks have the additional bonus of lasting much longer than your stock shocks will.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Definitely do not change the suspension or lower the car yan 100% sure ako void ang warranty That is if you care for your warranty.... If not, by all means!

*empy
    I think he was referring to the 1.8S (in the Philippines the base models do not have AUX but that will be changed in 2008 where all specs will already have AUX) which has the AUX the 1.8V does not.... He has the 1.8V
    Tidus,

Thank you sir for the info on the warranty, I'll ask my dealer, barkada ko naman yung nagbenta sakin eh. And yes sir, I was referring to the 1.8S, identical kasi yung audio pero ako walang aux out na wire, although the stereo itself has the capability. I think EMPY is right that I just need to add the wire, problema ko lang is i dont know a dependable audio place.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by empy View Post
    in my experience, medyo bitin if you only go plus 1 inch on the rims. it's not a huge difference...medyo bitin ang dating. if you go at least plus 2 (so 17" in your case) mas maganda ang effect of course, it's more expensive, and you have less rubber to guard against bengkong...but if it's looks you're after you can't beat this.

also factor in the cost of lowering springs or new suspension when you put on bigger rims. without lowering your car will look like an SUV with the bigger wheels.

i don't understand the car audio question. kung may aux connection na yung car stereo mo, all you need is the right wire to play your ipod thru the car stereo. or maybe i misunderstood your question
    Empy,

Thanks! takot lang kasi ako sa nipis ng rubber if its 17"s, dapat kasi 45 series na kung ganon ang rims eh. although the stocks of the 2.0 is 17s na 45 series, baka kasi iba na talaga ang ride. I've never driven a car on 17s, until 16"s lang po kasi ako.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by niky View Post
    17" looks best on the Civic. It'll make it more sluggish off-the-line at stoplights, but that's okay.

For Honda to deny warranty on anything, they have to prove that whatever mods you performed caused the warranty problem. If you have a suspension problem, keep your original rims and swap them on when going to the shop.

Unless you get ultra-heavy "bling" rims, such as 20 pound 17 inch chromed rims or 25 pound 18 inchers, bigger rims should not hurt your suspension. Lowering springs on stock shocks definitely will. If you want to lower, go for a matched spring and shock set... aftermarket shocks have the additional bonus of lasting much longer than your stock shocks will.
    Niky,

I agree sir, ill be sure to check with my dealer.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    To Everyone, thank you for the help, hopefully someone can give me atip as to where I can trade in my rims. I'm from the south so sana medyo malapit lang ang palitan

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Help:Simple dress up for my 2007 Civic