New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    If I were single,- I'd go for the 1.5L Jazz A/T....

13.2K:boxing1:

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Between the 1.3 A/T and the 1.5 A/Ts, I'll take the 1.5 A/T na.

Mas bagay daw yung gearing ng A/T transmission sa 1.5 engine, and I hear the FC isn't that much different.

The 1.3 M/Ts will return better FC figures though.

3. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Good luck with your Optra. I hope the improvements in your fuel consumption be enough.
    sana nga eto ang solusyon sa problema ko.

Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Between the 1.3 A/T and the 1.5 A/Ts, I'll take the 1.5 A/T na.

Mas bagay daw yung gearing ng A/T transmission sa 1.5 engine, and I hear the FC isn't that much different.

The 1.3 M/Ts will return better FC figures though.
    mukang malaking tipid talaga kung M/T kaya lang napakalaking ginhawa pag A/T.

4. Join Date
    May 2011
    Tipid talaga kung M/T and enjoy pa idrive pero iba kasi convenience ng A/T lalo na if you're living in the metro na laging stop and go traffic. Pero maganda kasi sa 1.5V na jazz meron syang paddle shifters so medyo hindi mo mamimiss enjoyment of driving a manual. I would really love a M/T variant for the 1.5v though..

5. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    ^Pati yung City 1.5E naka paddle shifters na rin hehe

6. Join Date
    May 2011
    ^
    Yup, hehe! Nakalimutan ko lang isama sa post ko jazz/city sana yun!

7. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I was in your shoes for almost 5 months. So let me share my feedback.

I recently bought a urban titanium 1.5e Honda City. I can say is that my money is all worth it.. Not being biased and all. At first I'm looking in getting the 1.4 Hyundai Accent, but after hearing about the engine knock and suspension issue, I immediately pulled out my reservation.

I didn't remove the 1.3s Honda City in my choice but hearing the lack of power when accelerating of the 1.3s and almost same FC with the 1.5e, I opted for the TOTL.

The paddle shifter is very helpful in terms of acceleration. 1.5e is known to have long gear ratio sa 1st and 2nd gear. The paddle shift will help you with that.

The trunk space is biggest in its class. Just dont compare it to the utility feature of the Jazz because thats a different story.

Go to Honda Marikina and look for Ronald he will surely give you a good deal.. Tell him Aaron referred you.

To give you an idea about my FC. Please see the details below.
    City driving is 12.6KM/Liter - based on the trip meter. (route is Sampaloc - Makati - Bonifacio Global)

17.3 KM/Liter Highway - based on the trip meter

Goodluck and Congratulations in advance. All the best.

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by aarondizon View Post
    I was in your shoes for almost 5 months. So let me share my feedback.

I recently bought a urban titanium 1.5e Honda City. I can say is that my money is all worth it.. Not being biased and all. At first I'm looking in getting the 1.4 Hyundai Accent, but after hearing about the engine knock and suspension issue, I immediately pulled out my reservation.

I didn't remove the 1.3s Honda City in my choice but hearing the lack of power when accelerating of the 1.3s and almost same FC with the 1.5e, I opted for the TOTL.

The paddle shifter is very helpful in terms of acceleration. 1.5e is known to have long gear ratio sa 1st and 2nd gear. The paddle shift will help you with that.

The trunk space is biggest in its class. Just dont compare it to the utility feature of the Jazz because thats a different story.

Go to Honda Marikina and look for Ronald he will surely give you a good deal.. Tell him Aaron referred you.

To give you an idea about my FC. Please see the details below.
    City driving is 12.6KM/Liter - based on the trip meter. (route is Sampaloc - Makati - Bonifacio Global)

17.3 KM/Liter Highway - based on the trip meter

Goodluck and Congratulations in advance. All the best.
    wow, ganda ng FC sir. naging 1st choice ko na ang city 1.5 dahil jan.

1st choice = city 1.5
    2nd choice = jazz 1.5 or 1.3
    3rd choice = ford focus (eto talaga ang gusto ko, kaya lang mukang bagsak sa FC)

salamat sa input sir aarondizon.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    IMHO the trip meter on the City's dash board is not accurate. It is off by 10-20% from your actual FC. As per experience with my 2009 City 1.3S A/T, I am getting an actual FC of 15.xxkm/liter combined (17km/liter accdg to dash board meter). I even went as high as 20.77km/liter (16km/liter on dash)on one ocassion. The worst I got is 9km/liter that involved 30 minutes of idling in the parking.

I measure my FC by filling up the tank, reset the trip meter to 0, then drive until fuel warning lights, then full tank again. Compare the distance traveled versus the fuel filled so I get my actual fuel consumption.

As for the 1.3S' sluggish acceleration, I guess that is to be expected as after all, it's a 1.3 engine hehehe. If you're leaning on power than economy, the TOTL 1.5E is the way to go. Otherwise, the 1.3S will not disappoint you. Just don't expect it to accelerate really fast.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    *TS, you may want to view my data on my City's actual fuel consumption here:

http://tsikot.com/forums/honda-cars-...#ixzz1O09voppY

I logged my consumption on several occasions. It should give you an idea how much gas my car is consuming and help you in the decision.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
help sa pagpili: city 1.3, 1.5, jazz 1.3, 1.5. (all A/T)