New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2012
    Need help po sana para makapagdecide ako... I dont know anything about cars. But I really want Honda CRV kahit year 2000-2002 sana... I need some tips, info, pros and cons from experts sana. I was told na if ever bibili ako toyota or honda daw dahil hindi daw high maintenance at yun nga gusto ko ng crv but dinidiscourage ako ng tita ko na malakas daw sa gas at mahal ang pyesa specially kung A/T. Mga 5yrs lang daw itatagal >_< ... btw, im female kaya A/T ang gusto ko...i don't know how to drive yet xD mag aaral pa lang...

I want to know din sana kung anong price range ng 2000, 2001 and 2002.

kindly help me with some info... Thank you in advance =)

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    BS yung sinasabi ng tita mo. Yung CRV 1998 pa pero buhay pa naman.. Pero tama siya na malakas sa gas, AT na nga gas pa.

Kung bibili ka ng CRV, dun ka sa 1st gen. 1998-2001. Malakas kasi sa gas at matagtag yung 2nd gen, 2002-2006.

Just make sure yung condition nung transmission eh maganda, kapag nagsshift walang shift shock. Dala ka nalang ng mekaniko.

Aral ka rin muna magdrive.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Tip.. Get a honda city type z.. Thats the car i bought tomteach my wife how to drive.. Simple no frils car thats easy to drive and maintain. Not true that ATs last only for 5years..

To help you out i had a gen 1 crv and also the gen 2 crv..

Gen1 Crv
    - the ride height is good, easy to drive, but the luggage space is minimal.
    - my 99crv was doing 6-7 km/l

Gen2 Crv
    -ride height is good. Driver sitting position is disapointing. The ride is very bumpy. The luggage space at the back is goooood.
    -2002 crv was doing 7-8km/l
    - had the car serviced last january 2012 spent like 16k sa casa..

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    1st gen crv ka na lang. imo, medyo tipid sa gas and sarap siya i-drive. more than 2 years na sakin yung 1st gen ko, 2nd owner ako pero wala pa naman na-encounter na major problem. pero syempre dapat alaga din.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bougartt View Post
    Tip.. Get a honda city type z.. Thats the car i bought tomteach my wife how to drive.. Simple no frils car thats easy to drive and maintain. Not true that ATs last only for 5years..

To help you out i had a gen 1 crv and also the gen 2 crv..

Gen1 Crv
    - the ride height is good, easy to drive, but the luggage space is minimal.
    - my 99crv was doing 6-7 km/l

Gen2 Crv
    -ride height is good. Driver sitting position is disapointing. The ride is very bumpy. The luggage space at the back is goooood.
    -2002 crv was doing 7-8km/l
    - had the car serviced last january 2012 spent like 16k sa casa..
    Damn.

How many kilometers?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Damn.

How many kilometers?
    86k mileage.. Honda Libis did a number on my V.. Change all the fluids and did something with the power steering.. Im not sure..recalibrate?rework?

7. Join Date
    May 2012
    ty po sa info may nakita kami avanza 2008 1.3j ano po mas ok sa dalawa (honda crv 2000 vs avanza 2008 1.3j)?

8. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    For the same price? That's weird.

Anyway, going back. The CRV is a much more solid car pero having an older unit can have lots of drawbacks. Definitely can have more repairs awaiting than the newer model. The Avanza, on the other hand, is more practical. Seats more, and is newer -- hence, it can have minimal to no repairs awaiting at all. -- I'm not quite sure on how the CRV rides but the Avanza is quite bumpy, as others say.

Personally, I'd pick the Avanza. Having a newer car can have less headaches than having an older one, though it still boils down on which of the two is maintained well.

9. Join Date
    May 2012
    nope mas mahal ng onti yung avanza which is 330k while yung crv 285k
    manual nga lang yung avanza and sabi ko nga i dont know how to drive yet xD
    ive watched some vids sa youtube at parang ang hirap ng manual xD

10. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    imo. dun ako sa bago syempre wala ganun sakit.. tsaka 1.3 lang tipid... marami pang na isasakay.

peru kung porma lang naman habol eh cr-v na, may kalakasan lang talaga gas compare sa avanza at hindi nga lang a/t ang avanza 1.3 niyu

honda jazz/fit po ayaw mo matipid din merun din a/at o kaya vios..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
[HELP] Planning to buy 2nd hand CRV 2000-2002