New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Mga guru,

need ko advise ninyo last december 2009 naoverhaul yung kotse ko apparently around 5000 km tinakbo ung auto parang may dumi yung radiator sa flushing ginawa ko then di pa din nawawala sabi mekanaiko natural lang daw un kasi dumi pa ng makina yun then until now andun pa din yung dumi dati kulay gray sya ngayon brownish na kulay parang gelatin na kulay kape ang tinatakbo nang kotse 20k km from overhaul, pianoverhaul ko na radiator pero andun pa din ung kulay kape sa bibig ng radiator. ito po ba sign na sira headgasket ko? try ko naman start open yung radiator cap di naman nasirit na parang bulkan meron konti lang talsik pag start. check ko naman oil cap wala naman kulay mayonaise malinis. naencounter ko lang tumaas lagpas kalahati yung gauge ng temp thats why pinaoverhaoul ko na radiator which is barado nga. after that road test ko yung car cavite to quezon balikan di naman tumaas temperature ko.
    tanong ko lang po

1. tama po ba observation ko na halo na tubig at langis sa radiator ko? i used coolant kaya kitang kita yung kulay brown sa bibig ng radiator.
    2. ano po ba life span ng headgasket nangyayari po ba iyon na kahit kakaoverhaoul lang eh masisisra agad?
    3. di naman akonagooverheat so far ngayon ang worried ko lang yung kulay brown na subtance sa ibabaw ng radiator.
    4. Ano po dapat kong gawin mejo tight na ko sa budget alsmost 22k din inabaot nung nag paoverhaul ako.

mga guru need ko advise ninyo.

Maraming salamat po cenxa na po O.T masyado.

dagdag information kaya pala naoverhoul yung kotse dati is overheating din lost thread mga headbolt 3 na lng yung kumakapit honda esi 1994.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Head gaskets can last up to 100kms +! Just like our old Nissan Sentra ECCS. It looks like a blown head gasket to me. You said it was already overhauled right? Why didn't they replace the head gasket then?

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GodziRRa! View Post
    Head gaskets can last up to 100kms +! Just like our old Nissan Sentra ECCS. It looks like a blown head gasket to me. You said it was already overhauled right? Why didn't they replace the head gasket then?
    Sir thanks for response, the head gasket was replace last time it was overhaouled Federal mogul are the brand. I just wooried why its happen na brown subtance look like mixing oil and water sa radiator ko?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by otil_flores View Post
    Sir thanks for response, the head gasket was replace last time it was overhaouled Federal mogul are the brand. I just wooried why its happen na brown subtance look like mixing oil and water sa radiator ko?
    Tsk tsk. Dapat back job discount yan. Something wrong was done for sure. Yes brownish goo on radiator means oil is mixing. You can tell naman when oil mixes in water. But you sure it's not radiator rust? The mechanic telling you it's normal, is he the one who build it?

5. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Tsk tsk. Dapat back job discount yan. Something wrong was done for sure. Yes brownish goo on radiator means oil is mixing. You can tell naman when oil mixes in water. But you sure it's not radiator rust? The mechanic telling you it's normal, is he the one who build it?
    Yes sir yun po sabi nia, Yoko na po pa back job sa kanya wala na ko tiwala sir, gusto ko lang malaman kung oil mixing nga, then ano po next ko gagawin, it is safe pa po ba to used the car? may be it required top overhoul again? ano po dapat palitan and estmated cost for top overhaul.. I just curious pinatignan ko sa ibang mekaniko sabi ok lang daw un unless di pa nag ooverheat, weird answer hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Yes sir yun po sabi nia, Yoko na po pa back job sa kanya wala na ko tiwala sir, gusto ko lang malaman kung oil mixing nga, then ano po next ko gagawin, it is safe pa po ba to used the car? may be it required top overhoul again? ano po dapat palitan and estmated cost for top overhaul.. I just curious pinatignan ko sa ibang mekaniko sabi ok lang daw un unless di pa nag ooverheat, weird answer hehehe
    Korek. Don't let him do it again. But at least let him know that he did a very poor job. As expected he is hiding the truth... but again you sure it's not just radiator rust ha? Ha ha! On that mechanic that answered it's ok as long as it's not overheating... I reckon mukang "pwede na yan" attitude din yang mechanic na yan. Pero he is right, you can still use but I think on short distances only, because you'll never know when it'll overheat or die on you suddenly. It may even break other parts if you still keep on using it. Go to some good shop to asses it, I think it's time for another overhaul unfortunately. And hope that the gasket is the only one broken.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    That brown substance probably is oil. Could your cylinder head be warped or the head gasket used isn't of good quality or the mechanic didn't do a competent job?

I suggest :
    1) Verify your Cylinder Head for warps. Make sure to have a competent shop who knows the limits and maximum tolerances of your Cylinder Head check it.
    2) Use only an Original Honda Head Gasket. It may cost a bit more, but you save yourself from headaches.
    3) This is the most important. A competent mechanic will know and tell you about those two things and will know what he is talking about and doing.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Korek. Don't let him do it again. But at least let him know that he did a very poor job. As expected he is hiding the truth... but again you sure it's not just radiator rust ha? Ha ha! On that mechanic that answered it's ok as long as it's not overheating... I reckon mukang "pwede na yan" attitude din yang mechanic na yan. Pero he is right, you can still use but I think on short distances only, because you'll never know when it'll overheat or die on you suddenly. It may even break other parts if you still keep on using it. Go to some good shop to asses it, I think it's time for another overhaul unfortunately. And hope that the gasket is the only one broken.
    sir overhaul again? di ba kaya ng top overhaul lang? if that case to overhaul again nag iisip ako rather to change engine na lng to d15b vtec 3 then sale ko yung ibang parts na pwede pa para makabawi sa gastos. may be i will prepare budget for this one nagkamali na ko dati yoko na maulit.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepsus View Post
    That brown substance probably is oil. Could your cylinder head be warped or the head gasket used isn't of good quality or the mechanic didn't do a competent job?

I suggest :
    1) Verify your Cylinder Head for warps. Make sure to have a competent shop who knows the limits and maximum tolerances of your Cylinder Head check it.
    2) Use only an Original Honda Head Gasket. It may cost a bit more, but you save yourself from headaches.
    3) This is the most important. A competent mechanic will know and tell you about those two things and will know what he is talking about and doing.
    Thanks Sir Sleepsus for the info, I hope only headgasket only to minimize the cost but if the cost will getting high as much to buy a surplus engine I rather to change engine. for now I will search a competent mechanic who knows the Job, any recommendation Iam here at carmona, cavite.

Tsikoters mga guru your recommendation much appreciated.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    sir overhaul again? di ba kaya ng top overhaul lang? if that case to overhaul again nag iisip ako rather to change engine na lng to d15b vtec 3 then sale ko yung ibang parts na pwede pa para makabawi sa gastos. may be i will prepare budget for this one nagkamali na ko dati yoko na maulit.
    I'm just not sure if top or full overhaul siya, just bring to a reputable shop to asses the damage properly. I know a good shop, but it's here in Q.C Banawe. Yeah if ever it'll need a full overhaul, just swap it w/ a better engine just like that you've mention, or a B16. ;) hehe. Just make sure to get a good surplus though. By the way, the good shop I'm telling you about does engine swaps as well, besides typical car fix stuff... they're also a performance shop that's why.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help!! need acvice regarding my honda esi.