New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    gud day guys! i need your advise ! me honda esi po ako 95 model , I have decided to replaced my engine from ph 16 to jdm zc engine, just want to know what is the advantage & disadvantge of using zc engine over other honda engine,. thanks guys need advise from the expert!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Why do you want to replace your engine in the first place?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    di ba ang ZC carb? or at least what i know. if confirmed, ako hindi magpapalit from EFi to carb.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    *basti08 thanks boss for the reply ,ung ipapalit po eh jdm zc efi 1600cc na po ung engine daw po ng honda integra , just wanna know po if somebody already expirience using this kind of engine, let me know the power and efficiency.ung mekanik ko po nag suggest nun eh...

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    *mda thanks for the reply boss ,the reason why i decided to replace my engine is that its condition gives me a lot of headache , di ko po mapatino ung idle nya tas mahina ang hatak , dami po problem, then i came from a reliable mekanik somewhere in imus , cavite he suggested me to replace the engine rather than have it overhaul,he installed jdm zc engine which was according to him is a more sophisticated and economical engine over the market , kaya po i wanna know the power and efficiency of this engine kasi as of now nasa shop pa po ung oto, ginagawa pa po kaya dont have any idea about this engine...i've already read a lot of acticle about zc engine but of course i wanna ask the tsikot expert....
    Last edited by norwelgonzales; July 31st, 2012 at 04:13 PM. Reason: mis spell

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Some things to consider before changing engine.

-It's difficult to change the engine - especially with OR/CR concerns, as your engine will be different from what is on your OR/CR. Aabot ka pa sa LTO malamang.

-Quality of worksmanship. Kung binaboy yung kotse mo sa kapapalit ng bagong makina, even bigger headache (plus sakit pa sa bulsa). This is assuming the new engine can be fitted properly (bagong engine mounts, extra welding may be involved, will the transmission fit perfectly with the new engine?)

Suggestion:
    Ayaw mo ipacheck yung sira sa ibang mekaniko / Honda CASA tapos ipagawa nalang sa labas?

7. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    *norwel:

Depende kung magkano ang aabutin.

At kung ma-bebenta mo pa ng part out yung pagtatanggalan mong makina na PH16.

Consider mo din yung hassle at gastos sa registration ng bagong makina.

"More sophisticated" does not always mean better. Besides, I don't find anything more sophisticated in a ZC other than it has a VTEC head, unless yung ZC DOHC yung sinasabi mo (which I don't think so, dahil napaka-rare nito). Parang PH16 lang yan na may VTEC.

Idling issues?

Hindi guarantee na mawawala yan pag nagpalit ka ng makina.

Naka-dalawang JDM D15B na ko. Pareho din may idling issues (pero eventually naayos naman).

Maraming factors to consider ang erratic idling at mahinang hatak, at most of the time, hindi engine swap ang pinaka-practical solusyon.