New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    hi guys, this is my first time to write in here, ive been reading your articles, been here for quite sometime getting ideas, things about cars.

just purchased a second hand matic honda 2000 vtec. the dealer told me that it was a honda 2000 rs. just wanna ask you guys if there is really a honda rs 2000. it has a sticker on the rear doors, honda RS. Some of the specs are, body color: sunburst yellow, oem tweeters, some silver paint on the dashboard.

when i had it scheduled for casa maintenace last week, honda pasig told me that the first release of the honda rs was 2001, the dimension (if i got that right hehe), they told me that its just a limited vtec, i guess, i dont understand hehe, coz on the lto registration, it was a honda rs. anyway, since i dont wanna setup my new ride to look exactly like a SIR, probably a nice grill, chin, mags would do..

where to start? how much will it cost if i trade my stock vtec mags to sir or just look for enkei, any suggestions?

and lastly, about the engine, i know its just any vtec (sohc i think), just wanna know the hp and average ##km/liter of vtec engine. i think im running 8.5/L

thanks a lot guys

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    welcome to tsikot.com dude! ;)

Originally posted by pcaddy
    just purchased a second hand matic honda 2000 vtec. the dealer told me that it was a honda 2000 rs. just wanna ask you guys if there is really a honda rs 2000. it has a sticker on the rear doors, honda RS. Some of the specs are, body color: sunburst yellow, oem tweeters, some silver paint on the dashboard.
    yes it is an EK(<==body code) Honda Civic Vti RS

Originally posted by pcaddy
    since i dont wanna setup my new ride to look exactly like a SIR, probably a nice grill, chin, mags would do..

where to start? how much will it cost if i trade my stock vtec mags to sir or just look for enkei, any suggestions?
    akala ko ayaw mo ng SiR look :confused: then why trade your stock mags for SiR mags he he? madaming bagay na mags dyan sa Ek body...madami kang pagpipilian sa Evangelista St. sa Bangkal Makati, wala lang akong idea sa trade in value ng stock Vti mags...

eto maganda, Work Emotion, di lang bagay yung kulay sa sunburst yellow kaya pili ka ng ibang kulay...kapag medyo limited ang budget malamang may Rota counterpart iyan

happy hunting!
    Last edited by chieffy; December 10th, 2004 at 05:15 PM.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ganda nga yang work emotion...silver pa rin for sunburst yellow. ;)

4. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    sohc d16 vtec has 125hp afaik..

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    rota torque yung counterpart ng work wheels.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    there are two RS models that i know:

one is released somewhere between 2000-2001 - EK Body, limited colors, RS badging

and the other one is the ES body, exclusive nighthawk black color, 15 inch wheel design similar to the Civic Sir's, mesh-type grille(i think), duck-tail spoiler, RS badging, Leather shift knob, steering wheel, upgraded HU and leather seats.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    *chieffy

thanks dude.

hehe, cant decide pa about sir look. ok yan "Work Emotion" how much, tska yung rota counterpart. a friend sold me his ferio mags, still thinking bout lowering the car... what would be advisable, 1.5 or 2. yoko kse syete prte sa mga humps or sumayad tlga hehe.

*bluebimmer

i see, thanks for the info, thought it was a 135 hp.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok na yung 1.5" drop. i think H&R caters to your needs ;)

not sure about the work rims' price (guestimate mga 40-50k for wheels alone). the rota counterpart costs around 17k for the wheels.

help guys, help about honda RS