New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    sir im about to buy my first car and i would like to inquire if the car i was about to buy is worth the price. it is a honda civic idsi CVT with the 7 speed mode. it is casa servised with records but the milage is 91k. also due for hilamos since the owner just park it under the sun. it also has a minor dent in the bumper. it has compre insurance. i was a bout to buy it for 250k as is. what do you guys think? thanks in advance

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    5 years,91Tkm, average car mileage per year, 20Tkm...
    that was used to the max(almost)..
    at 250k.. what are u other options?
    try mazda/ford/mitsubishi/nissan/toyota/honda civic
    (with almost same mileage.. 100T-120Tkm)

first you must know what you're looking for the car..
    -power, fuel efficiency, for car mod project, etc
    -if u really like that car, try posting it in ur desktop as wallpaper.
    and do a lot of research of that car model
    (it will help you weigh/consider options)

3. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by dimes1827 View Post
    5 years, average car mileage per year, 20Tkm... that was used to the max
    at 250k.. what are u other options?
    what should the "right" mileage be per year? Some say it's should be 1000km per month at most. So 12,000km a year?

Sorry to hijack your post drai_c.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drai_c View Post
    sir im about to buy my first car and i would like to inquire if the car i was about to buy is worth the price. it is a honda civic idsi CVT with the 7 speed mode. it is casa servised with records but the milage is 91k. also due for hilamos since the owner just park it under the sun. it also has a minor dent in the bumper. it has compre insurance. i was a bout to buy it for 250k as is. what do you guys think? thanks in advance
    97k km = 19,400 km / year.

That is pretty high. I will be worried about the CVT tranny of the City. It's known to have problems.

I would suggest another car (Jazz or City) with lower mileage and manual tranny.

BTW, average annual mileage should be around 10,000km (give or take a few). So in five years, it should only be around 50,000km.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    the owner works for honda and he states that the car is maintained by the company every 3months? do you think it would matter? or laspag tlga ung car?

6. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    i was considering ford lynx at first but most forums states that it consumes alot of fuel,

7. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Don't rush your purchase, shop around, I'm pretty sure there are a lot more a-1 conditioned cars out there for sale other than the Lynx and City you have checked out.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    10,000 annual mileage is quite fair for personal/family use.

Most likely corporate car yon. Sa akin, maski maintained sa casa the engine has been "burdened" by heavy utilization and the other parts like suspension, steering, etc may soon need replacement. It would be like paying somebody to get the honor to assume the responsibility.

Expand your options.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by drai_c View Post
    the owner works for honda and he states that the car is maintained by the company every 3months? do you think it would matter? or laspag tlga ung car?
    I have seen an Accord owned by one of the "top-brass" of Honda. When it was sold to the new owner he took it to SPEEDLAB for a check up. They found a botched up repair job that would cost will cost a LOT of money to fix.

20K km a year is a lot. Your final call but there are other cars out there that have less mileage. Don't rush into buying it simply because of a low selling price.

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    tnx for ur advice mga sir.. what cars do you think would fit to my 290k-300k budget?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
help on deciding if my first car( city idsi 2004)