New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    i have a 93 XL Corolla and my engine is ready to go to the ER..should i buy a 4AGE, having to change mg fuel pump, airconditioning system and engine support brackets...or....sell it and buy a 2nd hand, financed 98-99 civic (hopefully an SiR)...i have doubts regarding the installation and maintenance of a japan surplus 4AGE...but 4 me, a 2nd hand honda is the buy, but i'm low on budget and don't want to buy a below '98 model...wat do you guys think i should do...i really need help..thanks!!!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if you're on a tight budget, go with the engine swap and maintain your current car.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Mag 3E ka na lang para pareho ang mount.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by the_wildthing View Post
    Mag 3E ka na lang para pareho ang mount.
    4age will fit perfectly without modification.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    sell your car and go find a Civic with a modified engine. you can find alot of 96-97 Civics in the range of 260-300k with B16 engines. i recommend the Civic cause i like its suspension better plus it has standard power features and amenities not present with your Rolla XL.

6. Join Date
    May 2006
    sa transplanted civic ka na.at least tried and tested na yung swap nung may-ari.you'll be spared of the hassle ng pagtono after ng engine swap.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    If you're on a budget, go for the 4AGE swap... just take the time to gather the engine and needed parts.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    If you're adventurous and want to produce a high-powered 1.6 that's not a Honda, go for the 4A-GE swap. Get a Gen2 20-valve silvertop, or if budget permits, a blacktop.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    mas ok kung you stick with your car. kasi alam mo kung anu-ano ang pinaggagawa dun kesa sa bumili ka ng kotse na di ka sigurado ang history

10. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Parang hirap mag decide pag ganyan ah.
    Kung tight ang budget mo mag engine swap ka na lang ng 4AGE na black top or silvertop.Tsaka kung overall ok pa naman ang XL mo.Then don't sell it.Mas mura parts ng toyota compared to honda.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
HELP! 4AGE or a CIVIC?