New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    guys anu advantage /dis advantage eg hatchback moonroof/sunroof sa walang moonroof? [japan surplus] thank you

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    assuming everything else under the sunroof is equal...
    i see only disadvantages to sun/moonroof in a country of hot sun and polluted air. water leaking and hot sun on your head.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    assuming everything else under the sunroof is equal...
    i see only disadvantages to sun/moonroof in a country of hot sun and polluted air. water leaking and hot sun on your head.
    +1 to this. The ONLY advantage is POGI POINTS. But other than this, puro DYAHI POINTS na ---- specially when the moon/sunroof starts to leak.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    I see NO ADVANTAGE of having a sunroof in the Philippines.

Dr. D said it all above

5. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    You'd have to worry about leaks. Two of my buddies have Civics with moonroofs, and both experienced leaking seals. And if you live in Metro Manila, you won't appreciate having a moonroof during the daytime. Face it, it's hot, humid, and polluted. It adds ambience at night, though.

Around the provinces where roads are always clear, a moonroof is welcome when you want to breathe fresh air while driving. While cruising on one of my friends' Civic, I noticed that I felt better when the moonroof was open; maybe due to better air circulation.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by maypindot02 View Post
    guys anu advantage /dis advantage eg hatchback moonroof/sunroof sa walang moonroof? [japan surplus] thank you
    Pogi points or when the weather is cool enough to drive with windows down and sunroof open. I used to have a sunroof on my Sentra B13.

Another use is to vent smoke from those cigarette smokers from inside the car.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by roberto_minosa View Post
    And if you live in Metro Manila, you won't appreciate having a moonroof during the daytime. Face it, it's hot, humid, and polluted. It adds ambience at night, though.
    You can install heat rejection tint on the glass of the moonroof/sunroof to kep temperatures cooler. Also installing heat reflecting foam/foil on the inside of the sunshield would also cut down on the trasmitted heat to a very minimal amount.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Hatchback - kita ang mga gamit mo sa likod,- kaya kailangang may taklob para iwas tukso sa mga maiinit ang mga mata....

Sunroof - pag nag-leak, yari ka... Tapos, pag nakalimutan mong isara at nakaparada ka sa labas, at umulan,- baha ang loob ng sasakyan mo....

8505:bat:

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Well... one advantage is you get to work on the roof, so you can cure any rust while you have it repainted...

A sunroof is a nice toy. I open my sunshield to alleviate any feelings of claustrophobia as long as it's not high noon, and sometimes, when I'm cruising on the highway, I crack the roof open a bit, open the outside vents and leave the AC off, and enjoy the cool air...

(Not all of the Philippines is Manila, y'know... )

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Advantage: It feels good when u roll it up especially at night.
    Disadvantage: It is prone to leaks but if the person who cut the roof is good then no worries...u just need to find a good place to cut it...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
guys anu advantage /dis advantage eg hatchback moonroof/sunroof