New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    im planning to put a grounding kit on my eg hatch even he runs well, will grounding kit still improves its performance?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by bennykennel View Post
    im planning to put a grounding kit on my eg hatch even he runs well, will grounding kit still improves its performance?

aftermarket grounding kits are unnecessary. if the original wiring harness is not damaged or corroded, there should be no need to install one. this only adds to the vehicle weight and decrease the mpg rating of the car. if you can measure the difference in the ground circuit of any load against the negative post of the battery and it does not exceed 0.2 volts of drop in the ground, the original must be sufficient.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    No.

Reply too short.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    From my experience yes, kung tama pag lagay ng ground mo & EFI sya, in my case it improve the response in throttle & Automatic transmission, mapapansin mo din mas maliwanag ilaw mo.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Newbie here:para san ba yang grounding kit?nu benefits?vti 96 here

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by skidmarks View Post
    From my experience yes, kung tama pag lagay ng ground mo & EFI sya, in my case it improve the response in throttle & Automatic transmission, mapapansin mo din mas maliwanag ilaw mo.
    Yes, pero for HP gains.. close to none.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Oikim View Post
    Newbie here:para san ba yang grounding kit?nu benefits?vti 96 here
    Your car comes with one from the factory, just look inside the engine bay. Grounding kits grew in popularity, as engine dress-up and nothing more. It boost your hp just like the fake power chips you hook up to fool the MAF sensor, which is 0hp.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Yes, pero for HP gains.. close to none.
    Please read my post carefully, I didnt say 'HP' i said 'improvement' because it has nothing more to gain unless you upgrade the engine or the ECU. Grounding kit improves the flow of current, especially if you have an old car, lumalabo connection habang tumatagal so grounding kits just improves the flow.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by onemph05 View Post
    Your car comes with one from the factory, just look inside the engine bay. Grounding kits grew in popularity, as engine dress-up and nothing more. It boost your hp just like the fake power chips you hook up to fool the MAF sensor, which is 0hp.
    Hindi lang porma yan, My auto electrician once said, it is a simple, cheap way to improve electrical efficiency on your car, lalo na pag old car, kung mapapansin nyo bkt nyo kailangan linisin terminal ng battery nyo? because pag nagkaroon ng buildup ng carbons or calcium, humuhina current and EFI loves current.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Actually, grounding kits are more useful on cars that have moderate to powerful sound setups or other high-current accessories. It's physics that the thicker the conductor, the better the conductivity and hence, the voltage drop is lower.

However, the law of diminishing returns apply to this mod as well. A good designer would only use "as much" AWG as the load requires at peak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
is grounding kit really effective?