New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2010
    200 will be a good price. Anything for than that is just overpricing and "honda to brad" mentality.

Posted via Tsikot Mobile App

2. Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Overpriced po siya sir, sold our accord 99 a/t with leather seats for 150k lang. Ni let go na namin kasi ang lakas sa gas and ang mahal ng rehistro. Parang di na kasi sulit yung pagiging luxury niya na mas luxury pa yung civic FD namin na mas mura ang rehistro at maintenance. Consider niyo po yung civic eagle eye kung willing rin kayo gumastos ng 230k.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    I wouldn't suggest a 99 Accord for a first car either. You'll definitely feel the gasoline price hikes in the long run. Maintenance would also be more expensive compared to a compact sedan and believe me, no matter how good this car looks and how well it's maintained, things are bound to get broken due to its sheer age.

You worked hard to save up for your first ride. With this choice, I suggest you save up some more for maintenance and total cost of ownership.

Posted via iPhone using Tsikot Mobile App

4. Join Date
    May 2010
    Sentra GSX is a good buy at your budget too. Reliable, easy to maintain and you can get 2006-2008 models which makes it a better choice than the older accord

5. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    1. too old........... its 15years old
    2. too expensive for 230k
    3. gas guzzler 5km/l siguro yan

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    120K km in 15 years is not "seldom used".. it's on the lower rung of "ordinary used".
    matakaw sa gas... galant.. corona.. cefiro.. accord.. crown! they all gargle gas. that's one reason why they're selling lower than what their brand new price would suggest..?
    mas mahal ang maintenance and parts ng luxury cars, because there's fewer of them around. law of economics..
    but i will agree.. they ride so comfortably, compared to the smaller cars..
    my suggestion is to look around for other, smaller, more popular cars.. there should be a lot of them at your price range.
    but if you really, really desire a bigger car, look for a camry. it's a toyota ahd therefore enjoys all the real and perceived blessings the marque enjoys.
    and yes, used cars are cheaper here in manila than in the provinces, simply because there's more cars competing for buyers here.
    what would i get, if i were in your place? a 2000+ sentra! or an altis if you stumble onto one in your budget range.
    good luck.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I find it weird that when it comes to brand new cars, people don't dissuade buyers from getting gas-guzzling Camries and Accords. Aside from the higher consumption vs subcompacts, they also cost much more to buy and maintain.

In the secondhand market, where a midsizer is just as expensive as a compact car when it comes to sticker price, only the gas and maintenance expenses are higher. Yet there's this stigma that midsizers are bad buys. Eh in this scenario nga mas bargain ang midsizer kaysa pag brandnew kasi ang baba ng resale value (good for the buyer).

The Accord in particular isn't a high maintenance car because it doesn't break down easily and doesn't have fancy electronics to replace.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Thanks for all the reply guys, after thorough inspection of the accord, I actually found out more issues, like the vent on top of the dashboard has abit of a problem, its got duct tape cos something thats supposed to block /filter the wind from the AC is no longer there thus fogging the windshield consistently, and it leaks oil, and its LTO registration is going to expire next month as well as its insurance, Im actually going to be getting a 2007 Hyundai Getz, its in a near immaculate state, was lady driven, i know its a bit OT, since its a hyundai, but anything wrong with this car? if engine and interior checks out fine, you think this car is ok? any known or common issues this model has?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkee View Post
    Thanks for all the reply guys, after thorough inspection of the accord, I actually found out more issues, like the vent on top of the dashboard has abit of a problem, its got duct tape cos something thats supposed to block /filter the wind from the AC is no longer there thus fogging the windshield consistently, and it leaks oil, and its LTO registration is going to expire next month as well as its insurance, Im actually going to be getting a 2007 Hyundai Getz, its in a near immaculate state, was lady driven, i know its a bit OT, since its a hyundai, but anything wrong with this car? if engine and interior checks out fine, you think this car is ok? any known or common issues this model has?
    Goodluck na lang Getz

10. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I have a friend who used to drive a Sentra B14 and got a new Getz a few years ago. After using the Getz for a few years, he was not really happy with it so he went back driving his old B14.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast