New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The only way to tell for sure is to fill the tank completely, set the trip meter, and drive till it's almost empty and fill up again.

You should have your engine checked... there are a lot of issues that can cause excessive fuel consumption.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

2. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ghelobytes View Post
    BTW. Automatic po pala ung kotse. Parang hindi naman po hirap ung engine. At around 80 kph nasa > 3000 rpm po sya.
    Just to confirm, when driving at 80kph, your gear is set at "D" or "D4" and not at "D3"?

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    holy schmoeley... 2.5km/L>?! kakaiba un ah. baka naman may tagas tanke mo bro!! hehe :D pacheck mo nalang ulit,and dun sa expert sa Honda. bka hindi magaling ung last na gumawa at may nakalikot na mali. try mo sa Speedyfix along Santolan ;)

4. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ sa shaw na ata si speedfix.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    *Autobeat
    Yeah, naka D4 po.

Nag drive po ako sa C5 this morning and noted na nasa 2000 rpm sya at 75KPH. D ko po napaabot sa 80 at medyo madulas daan. At the moment the trip meter reads 275. Yung fuel gauge is almost touching Empty.

Possible po kayang inaccurate fuel gauge lng? Ano po ba talaga NORMAL FC ng Honda Accord?

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I get around 7km/L with my 1999 Accord. 5.2 was the worse I had done and 9.5 was the best. Whatever it is mababa fuel economy mo may poblema yan for sure.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    wala pa si Ghosthunter...

uunahan ko sya...

Mag LPG ka nalang

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    I think hindi ito normal consumption di LPG sagot dyan, ipaayos ang oto ang sagot dyan

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Engine problem + LPG = Engine problem pa rin.

The question... how accurate is your fuel gauge? From "Empty" to "Full"... how many liters do you have to put in to top off the tank? If it's around 40 liters, that should mean it works. Sometimes, the "Empty" mark is set 5-15 liters from actual empty, to ensure you have a reserve if you drive it to "E".

I'd question your odometer, but you said you've referenced one trip against the map. So that's out.

----

The first thing to do, really, is to get your engine checked out. If you experienced overheating before, there are a zillion things that could be wrong now. Your engine could have a blown gasket, worn piston rings, bad spark plugs, a dying automatic transmission (I once drove an Accord that got maybe 4km/l... the AT was slipping terribly), a host of things.

The obvious first answer... Check everything!

Check your oil level. Is it low? Does it go down everyday? Is the oil very dirty?

Check your coolant. Are you losing coolant? Is it full of rust or does it smell of oil?

Check your spark plug tips. If they're white. That's bad. If they're red, that's good. If they're black and oily, that's what your problem is.

A tune-up is a good first place to start... but if you have any problems with any of the above, you might want to get a compression test and start thinking about an overhaul.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    try having it tuned up first... timing, spark plugs, fuel filter, change oil, oil filter, air filter, change all fluids too.

if these does not do the trick, well sa engine na talaga yan... have it diagnosed na lang. sorry hirap pin point talaga yung ganyang problem.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Gas Consumption Very High