collide it head on with a test car. What is the corresponding
    performance of say, a....

1. CRV
    2. Civic 1.8
    3. City

?

I always saw TVs showing fully wrecked Civics and Citys but
    seldom CRVs or SUVs. Does this mean the CRV being larger and has
    more momentum can resistant more damages to the occupants?

Any actual tests or research about this out there? Thanks.

ako, di masyado attuned sa carshed test.. most new cars naman crash test are subjective and most does not correspond to a real world collision.

i just based my car on how much i'm willing to spend in cash (not financing--mas mahal yun) drivability, maintenance.. safety is good, but i'm more on active safety (ABS, abd, steering HL-leveling, auto lights and wipers, cruisecontrol,etc) than those passive ones (crush zones, side beam, airbags)

and lastly, being big doesent mean safe: best example: the F150/expe (ung previous gen) has a worst crash rating than a mini cooper!

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yep let us re-iterate that BIG doesn't mean safer. Remember yung asawa ng isang politician (forgot his name) namatay sa isang crash and their car was a Hi-Ace Super Grandia (the refrigerator car).

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yep let us re-iterate that BIG doesn't mean safer. Remember yung asawa ng isang politician (forgot his name) namatay sa isang crash and their car was a Hi-Ace Super Grandia (the refrigerator car).
    Well. If they are riding civics or altis, they may all be in the same condition as her. And remember it's a truck that hit them.

But in ordinary situation. It's often the jeepneys, L300 and the like that is involved in collision.

I'd like to get an objective data sheet of collision performance of say a Civic and CRV against a test vehicle to make me decide whether to get a sedan or SUV.

If an SUV is safer, then the extra fuel cost of less efficient fuel performance can be increased security and safety.

side impact yun with a bigger dump truck...

kaya i choose active safety, if you can avoid it better than relying my life on those passive safety..

6. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayz_yummy View Post

kaya i choose active safety, if you can avoid it better than relying my life on those passive safety..
    Both are important.. say you are in full active safety mode, and there is a green light at the traffic side and you drive through... then another car opposite the intersection crosses across and hit your car... well.. in those moments, owning a city or CRV can (?) spell the difference whether you meet the Creator or Casa for reinstitution.

kahit anong sasakyan, kung sa side ka nadale, patay kung patay! that the weakest part of the vehicle..

if you want to be sure na safe ka kahit anung side ka bunguin, buy a F650 or a tractor head.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2008

+1 dito... mas ok talaga yung mga gantong features than the crash test... with our basic knowldge of steering going into collisions... the ABS, air bags, etc. are more likely to save your life.

bigger does not always mean better.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    sorry double post...

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    kahit anong sasakyan, kung sa side ka nadale, patay kung patay! that the weakest part of the vehicle..

if you want to be sure na safe ka kahit anung side ka bunguin, buy a F650 or a tractor head.
    Or sa front. Say you are going to province on zigzag road and suddenly a jeepney is on same path as you and there is no more time and no way to turn... I wonder what's the collision performance head-on between a sedan and SUV against the jeepney (or L300). Anyone has hard data or tests in other countries performed on this?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Front & Side Crush Zones