Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    hi guys, i got a Civic 2005 VTI Matic

would anyone here know what the
    recommended fluids are?

1. Engine Oil
    2. ATF
    3. Steering Wheel (I guess same as its recommended ATF)

medyo ma-rattle siya, ramdam ang vibrations ng engine, engine supports perhaps?

also, yung gas pedal is a bit sticky, sometimes will keep on sa certain RPM, cable replacement lang ba ito?

salamat!

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    engine oils, you can use whatever you like.

ATF, use only ATF-Z1 Honda Fluid. use any other and you will break the tranny, guaranteed.

PSF, i also use Honda's Pwer Steering Fluid, just to be on the safe side.

try having the shock mounts, bushings and ball joints replaced. that should cure about 90% of running vibrations and noises. if you're going all out i suggest replacing the the shocks na din.

if you're talking about the engine noise, do try doing a valve clearance adjustment first then oil change second and see if that quiets things down. if you hear a KLUG-KLAK sound when moving from standstill, it could be one of the 3 engine mounts. mahal neto.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    for power streering fluid and ATF bili ka na lang sa casa then papalit mo sa labas kahit sa gas station para mas mura, for oil madaming other brand sa labas na as per specs niya hanp ka na lang then papalit mo na din sa gas station.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    thanks thanks volts and raine

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    *bardigones,

for the sticky gas pedal, have the throttle body cleaned first nasa 500 pesos ang cleaning nito. kapag maganit pa din then have the accelerator pedal replaced.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    thanks xtian119! will try the Tb first...

7. Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Same here,sakit talaga ng eagle eye civic ang sticky gas pedal, ilang beses ko na pinalubricate gas pedal ko sa una ok sya,after few months mag stick ulit.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    you wont break your automatic transmission using other fluids but will give you shift shock.

i had friends who changed it to another fluid and ayon nag yari.

they had to drain the fluid and replace it with honda atf. mga 3x para malinis ang system. then ok na naman ang shifting

good luck

same pala sa power steering fluid. lalambot ang hoses and will leak if you use the ordinary ps fluid or atf on it. just use honda ps fluid to prevent this problem

- - - Updated - - -

you wont break your automatic transmission using other fluids but will give you shift shock.

i had friends who changed it to another fluid and ayon nag yari.

they had to drain the fluid and replace it with honda atf. mga 3x para malinis ang system. then ok na naman ang shifting

good luck

same pala sa power steering fluid. lalambot ang hoses and will leak if you use the ordinary ps fluid or atf on it. just use honda ps fluid to prevent this problem

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Kalokohan yan, you can use other fluids Basta huwag mga low quality...

Can somebody explain to me what's the difference of Honda's power steering system compare to other brands Kung Bakit hinde pwede gumamit ng ibang brand ng fluid except OEM?

The same with their transmission anong difference Sa ibang brand Bakit hinde pwedeng ibang fluid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

10. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Kalokohan yan, you can use other fluids Basta huwag mga low quality...

Can somebody explain to me what's the difference of Honda's power steering system compare to other brands Kung Bakit hinde pwede gumamit ng ibang brand ng fluid except OEM?

The same with their transmission anong difference Sa ibang brand Bakit hinde pwedeng ibang fluid?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    It's more than just choosing a quality fluid. More importantly, it should be the right type.

It's been discussed in numerous forums that Honda's AT transmissions and hydraulic power steering systems are picky. On PSF, people say that Hondas operate their power steering at a very high pressure (http://hondacivicstation.org/part-ho...id-550002.html) and using a fluid that's not designed for it will cause seals to break, among others.

As for AT. Honda's AT uses sliding gears on parallel axes and is very similar in operation to a MT. On the other hand, most conventional AT use planetary gears. (link: Automatic transmission - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

I won't deny the fact that there will be compatible fluids out there that will work with Hondas. However, it's going to be a hit or miss. A lot of people have used "compatible with Honda" fluids that ends up with a horror story. For a lot, taking a chance is out of the question. AT or PS repair is so expensive while the Honda fluids reatively inexpensive that it's almost a no-brainer to just use the right stuff.

Consider that you're only going to replace these fluids every couple of years. What's wrong with spending a few more hundred bucks for peace of mind?
    Last edited by oj88; January 5th, 2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: Fixed the links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
which fluids for Civic '05 VTI