New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    May water damage sale?

Over 40 Honda vehicles damaged in pre-dawn fire

Earlier today, fire broke out in Honda's Quezon Avenue dealership, escalating from first to fourth alarm in 30 minutes.

According to the Quezon City Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP), the fire broke out in the Human Resources room at about 1:30 AM. BFP Marshal Jesus Fernandez the fire was put under control by 2:57 AM and was put out by 3:00 AM. Although the cause of the fire has yet to be determined, Fernandez said the the source may have been electrical.

The fire led to over 40 cars being damaged which included the dealership's inventory and customer cars. The parts stockroom was also consumed by the fire. Joel Sevilla, general sales manager of Honda Car Service said that damage to the vehicles are estimated at Php 28 million. Structural damage was reported at PhP 2 million.

Fortunately, there were no injuries reported.

Despite the damage, Sevilla said that normal operations will resume in Honda Cars Quezon Avenue. BFP is currently conducting their investigation.
    Last edited by Monseratto; April 5th, 2016 at 04:17 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    How about cars left for service? No damage?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Heard in the news that business as usual pa din sila. Pwede magpa-service ng sasakyan. Hindi yata affected ang service area.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    inventory lang nadamay?

Repair tapos benta ulit

5. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Based on the news report, some customer's vehicles are affected.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    beh buti nga!

nagpunta ako dyan years ago when i was shopping for a sedan. no s/a came to me when i was looking around in the show room although i told one of them i wanted to look at the civic. there were a few of them just talking at one of the tables. when i approached them they did not even respond. i am sure mga sa sila. porke ba naka jeans at t-shirt lang ako?

sana masunog ulit.
    Last edited by yebo; April 5th, 2016 at 05:00 PM.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    May water damage sale?

No way. Given the heat was intense enough to melt the plastic moldings, any car with melted body work will have to be considered scrap, as the hidden wiring and water damage make them an electrical fire hazard.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

8. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    UP, UE then this Honda Showroom. Keep safe peeps.

Sent from my E5333 using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Mukhang walang sprinkler system. Hina naman ng branch/country manager 🙊

*yebo

100% agree wit u bro... a branch manager should always have his staff attend to any wanderer in the shop/gallery.
    Last edited by StockEngine; April 5th, 2016 at 08:48 PM.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    another government fail! we have laws to protect us from these fires like the building and fire code of the philippines, an inspection is made every march (fire prevention month)

we really have no law enforcement for the fact that the government is weak... so many wasted manpower building those cars, high impact of pollution burning a vehicle with an orchestra of chemicals, wasted water fighting the fire and much more (this is not just about the money)

GOVERNMENT FAIL! VOTE DUTERTE, we need discipline and law enforcement!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast