New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    My friend living in Cali is looking to buy a simple Civic coupe the thing is I'm here in the Philippines and have no idea where the great deals are. Her ZIP code is 90802 so if anyone can help pls do.

Also the dealers she has talked too told her not to get the satnav from Honda so if you know of any excellent 3rd party satnavs pls pitch in as well.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    why not the OEM equipped Honda? any particular reason? I'd rather get the OEM NAVI equipped from Honda. Maybe the dealer she talked to didnt have an EX with NAVI so they tried to persuade not to get the OEM NAVI.

No GREAT deals for 2006 Civic, yet. She may need to wait for a GREAT deal if she's looking for one.

I've had Civics from Ontario Penske who always has the less markups compared to other dealerships.

Honda of Pasadena, pinoy owned but they suck at deals.

expect to get the EX coupe with NAVI for $20,800 +tax, lic fees, etc.

All she has to do is go to edmunds.com and get the internet quote from multiple dealers. Never go to dealerships without any written quote via email.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    si gwapito69, sa Honda dealership nga pala nag-tra-trabaho ;) and he is from LBC as well!!!

4. Join Date
    Oct 2004
    OEM satnav is 1.7T while a satnav from costco is $600. thanks for the tip on edmunds.com

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by OTO
    OEM satnav is 1.7T while a satnav from costco is $600. thanks for the tip on edmunds.com
    ahhh, I thought she was concerned about the quality. I guess GARMIN portable GPS will do for her.

attached with suction cup:

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    NOTICE TO DRIVERS IN CALIFORNIA AND MINNESOTA: State law prohibits drivers in California and Minnesota from using suction mounts on their windshields while operating motor vehicles. Other state or local laws may also prohibit drivers from using suction cups on their windshields. (See California Vehicle Code Section 26708(a); Minnesota Statutes 2005, Section 169.71)"
    Maybe she can think of a place other than the windshield to attach her GPS. If not, I guess the suction cup GPS is out of her choices now. In-Dash DVD which usually costs from $1,700 and up like this:

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Goudy Honda is one of the highest volume dealers in the US and they typically can work with you on the price. just make sure you're aggressive and don't easily fall for sales ploys. figure out a fair price that you're willing to pay, and stick to it until they give it to you. one of the partners is pinoy, and i used to know all their managers (they used to be my client) pero wala na siguro sila dun.

medyo malayo nga lang sila, sa Alhambra.

Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    si gwapito69, sa Honda dealership nga pala nag-tra-trabaho and he is from LBC as well!!!
    tapos naka-Nissan?!

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Karding
    Maybe she can think of a place other than the windshield to attach her GPS. If not, I guess the suction cup GPS is out of her choices now. In-Dash DVD which usually costs from $1,700 and up like this:

whoa!!! wish i could easily afford one of these gizmos someday... budget is kinda tight kaya hanggang mapquest lang muna for now, so far ay nakakarating pa din naman ako sa dapat paroonan though some say that there are road networks that are not yet updated on mapquest..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mas malapit naman ang alhambra kaysa Ontario. Just make sure to talk/email the internet manager. Ako kse eh may phobia sa mga pinoy sa dealership.

kahit saan dealership basta internet manager kausap mo, less BS at negotiation.

OTO, she can probably affix the GPS onto the dashboard.

I like this, with real time traffic capability.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    slamtz, try mo din maps.yahoo.com or maps.google.com

mapquest, luma na talaga mapa dun

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Female friend in Long Beach, CA looking for a Honda + satnav