New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Hi... I need help.. i have honda Esi 1996 model. when im driving biglang naglilight ung engine check and nag stop ung car ... what could be the cause of this?

2. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    time to pay a visit to your nearest CASA or a mechanic with diagnosing tools.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Your computer box needs to be checked. Bring your car to a reputable shop with diagnostic tool for this. Mahirap iyan baka ma tirik ka sa malayong lugar at walang towing or talyer na malapit.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    If you're feeling adventurous, you can get the diagnostic trouble code/s (DTC) yourself.

http://lonewolfonline.net/honda-civi...-engine-light/

This procedure WILL NOT fix the problem. Instead, it will tell you which component is the likely culprit. So for instance, if the error code points to a MAP sensor problem, you can first check the wire and connector going to it. You may also inspect the MAP sensor if it's just fouled up with dirt. It would also help you a lot if you have a service or shop manual for your car, as it has procedures on how to check most sensors if they're still within specification (ie. voltage readings, resistance, etc.)

But after all these and the problem persists, you SHOULD solicit the help of a professional mechanic.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    If you're feeling adventurous, you can get the diagnostic trouble code/s (DTC) yourself.

http://lonewolfonline.net/honda-civi...-engine-light/

This procedure WILL NOT fix the problem. Instead, it will tell you which component is the likely culprit. So for instance, if the error code points to a MAP sensor problem, you can first check the wire and connector going to it. You may also inspect the MAP sensor if it's just fouled up with dirt. It would also help you a lot if you have a service or shop manual for your car, as it has procedures on how to check most sensors if they're still within specification (ie. voltage readings, resistance, etc.)

But after all these and the problem persists, you SHOULD solicit the help of a professional mechanic.
    +1 ako dito... by the way, correct ko lang si TS. ang honda ESI is up to year 1995 lang. 96 and up VTi or LXi models na. this diagnostic trouble codes help a lot in eliminating tons or causes why CEL is on and just pointing into one direction. i had my CEL (check engine light) on before. the culprit is only a loose wire of the sensor below the cylinder head. for best results, get the code and have a manual to help you out pin pointing the culprit, if is if just a loose sensor connection, kaya mo na i DIY yan. usually you will just have to replace the socket ng sensor. if you are not comfortable doing this, bring it to a reputable shop to have it diagnosed properly. it will not cause a lot since they will just be needing a jumper wire and counting how many flashes ng CEL to get the code. wag kang papayag na libo na agad bbyad mo pag kuha pa lang ng code. yung codes downloadable yan

Engine Check