New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I would just ask if anyone of you knows where can I get a duplicate key for our Honda Civic 2006?

We just bought a 2nd hand (actually we are the 3rd owner) Honda civic 2006 but then the 2nd owner said that the 1st owner misplaced and can't find the duplicate key. We went to some stalls in SM and they said they can duplicate it but it will only work on the doors. I went to the casa last week and they said that the duplication would cost a whopping 13, 000+ and additional 1,500 for reprogramming (Total: 15,000) and it would take 2 weeks (the original key will be sent to the plant in Manila I guess). It seems really unreasonable for me. It's like daylight robbery.

I searched some threads here and I read that it cost 6-8k though the threads are old(I think it's unreasonable but much cheaper than the one quoted by the casa)

Are there any shops that can put a chip and reprogram it? I read something about immobilizer and transpoder in some threads. I just want to have a backup key in case I misplace the original key.

The key has a built-in alarm in it.

By the way, I'm from Pampanga.

Thank you so much!

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    It's actually the reverse. Using a different key with an unauthorized or missing transponder, you can only use it to unlock the door and open the trunk. It will NOT start the engine. It will crank, but the engine will never run (immobilizer indicator will blink on the dashboard indicating an unrecognized key).

If all you need is an extra key for when you accidentally leave the original key inside the car, any duplicate key should be fine. But if you want a second key that will be able to start the car, the new ley should a) Have a transponder chip, and b) Must be programmed into the car so that it can be recognized as a valid key.

Note that the keyless remote circuit on the key (the one that you press to lock/unlock as well as arm/disarm the alarm) is separate from the immobilizer. The transponder does not need a battery and operates similar to RFID or NFC.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Try Keynamics. They have Facebook account.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    *sir oj88, Thanks for the clarification. I need a duplicate key that will be able to start the car. I'm looking for shops that can also put a transponder. The price quoted by the casa seems absurd for me. Haha. Thanks anyways.

*sir Walter, thank you! Will check it.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    You can also try this key duplicator Car Key Duplication Services Philippines - 62018646

6. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    I'll look into it, thanks!

7. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Up ko lang to mga sir, I'm going to buy a second hand Civic 2010, I need to buy a duplicate key as well. san kaya pinaka mura? parang hindi kasi nasagot nung TS dito san sya nagpagawa

8. Join Date
    May 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by akosivic View Post
    Up ko lang to mga sir, I'm going to buy a second hand Civic 2010, I need to buy a duplicate key as well. san kaya pinaka mura? parang hindi kasi nasagot nung TS dito san sya nagpagawa
    You can inquire on their prices.

Keynamics | Facebook

Home | Car and Motorcycle Transponder Duplication in the Philippines

9. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by akosivic View Post
    keynamics ako nagpa duplicate para sa civic 07. 5k ang duplicate. plus 500 pag meet up within makati and taguig.
    kasama na ang pag reprogram ng luma at bagong susi.
    check mo na lang FB nila kung interesado ka

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    pwede mo i-check dito. nakita ko lang din sa fb

Key Zone Locksmith Services | Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Duplicate key for Honda Civic 2006