New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    A friend is selling me his Honda Civic LX 1995 model for 160k. Check the pic.

Pros: Nice set of 17" rims( I dont know what brand),Lexus tailights,leather seats,cool aircon,Good maintenance, 119k mileage.

Cons: manual windows,No cd stereo, Test drove it,smooth siya and malakas but The car is shaky when the speed reaches 60.

So based on the advice sa forums,most of them was saying the car was overpriced, So di na ako nakipagdeal and decided to just look for another 2nd hand car. But lately I was thinking if I made the right decision, since I am from Zamboanga,it is rare here for someone to sell their civic with good maintenance,may rims na and with leather seats pa.and usually their prices is from 150k to 180k. hindi rin madali maghanap ng good 2nd hand cars dito considering na province dito. Iniicip ko rin kung nakahanap man ako ng ESI that is worth 150k, pero wala naman leather seats and rims so almost the same rin ang gagastusin ko. Ano sa tingin nyo guys?

2. Join Date
    May 2009
    Never regret the decisions that you make dude. But honestly, with 200k+, you can get the 97 honda civic, the 1.6 with the vtec or maybe the lower tier lxi. Question is, kaya mo pa ba habulin yung car? Kung hindi na, don't bother asking yourself if you should've gotten it.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    You are in the kitchen so it behooves that you know the smell of the car...I mean if the car is good or not for 160.

But the fact is, that Honda is not the only car in the Philippines. There are lots of car around. So, keep on looking maybe in CDO or Davao. Try to surf Davaosale.com

4. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    of course. it's not properly maintained if it's shaky, according to you, if the car reaches the 60 kph level. the looks of the car may be deceiving but the performance is below par.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    i was wondering what he meant by "SHAKING" -- if the ride was smooth, could the shaking have been caused by alignment issues?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    The mechanic told me that It has to do with alignment of the wheel. Is that a big issue?

7. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bail View Post
    The mechanic told me that It has to do with alignment of the wheel. Is that a big issue?
    try mo munang magpa wheel balance pero masyadong mababa ang 60 kph para mag shake. how about your tire tread wear pattern??? meron bang uneven wear?

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by woohoo View Post
    i was wondering what he meant by "SHAKING" -- if the ride was smooth, could the shaking have been caused by alignment issues?

most probably IMHO uneven tires... tires that have been unrounded due to age.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm. tawaran mo pa... mga 150, and ok na yan.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    the shaking is probably alignment issue. have a wheel alignment and/or a wheel balance, as what the others say. kung shaky parin, its probably uneven tire wear.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Did I make the right decision?