New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i used to get high 10s or low 9s in my 1st gen V. but i had a smaller engine and m/t, so...

prior to me being anal about servicing, i used to get 5-7 too. some things to check/do before you sell your crv (sayang it's a nice car):

1. oil should be 10w grade or lower
    2. throttle body and air filter should be super clean always.
    3. valves should be adjusted every year or so
    4. tyre pressures should be 31 psi or a couple psi above the rcommended pressure.
    5. use premium fuel

i've only heard about the incredible FC of the 2nd gen crvs, but i think this has something to do with sticking to the casa sched too regularly or not servicing the car itself thoroughly. it's an economy SUV... why would honda design it for near ford expy FCs?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by niker View Post
    What do you mean by "2nd gen CRV"? What year range is that? Do
    you know of company that can convert my 2004 CRV to LPG? Also
    have you encountered that has actually done it? I wonder if it
    can damage the engine in the long run...
    My brother has a gen2 Honda CRV and has been converted to run on LPG. My own daily driven 1999 Corolla 1.6 GLI has been running on LPG since August 2006. The cost of converting is now at a relatively affordable P39K for the SGI-LPG kit.

You can try giving the auto-LPG conversion company a call:

company: GREENFUEL
    contact person: Mike Lim
    contact number: 09228231270
    email: info*greenfuel.com.ph

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    i had the 2nd gen crv too 2.4 na 4x4.... malakas talaga FC nya even yung 2x4's nagrereklamo nga...

here's my advice, i say if you want to get looks, good FC, and quality, upgrade to the latest CRV (2007-2008) with 2.0 engine... its no longer DOHC kse SOHC lang cya, hence, lower FC compared to the first 2nd gen CRV. yun nga lang compromised and power nya... you cant even catch up with the previous CRV's when in highways....

2nd option mo is anything with CRDi.... diesel engine kaya powerwise and rugged ang engine.. i dont know about the long term performance of CRDi's but the new ones like the kia carens, hyundai tucson&santafe, etc are quite good... FC is way much better with these cars...

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    all stock, no SUV or mini SUV will ever run 13kms/lit or better. with a minimum engine displacement of 2.0, former cute ute owners such as myself can go howl at the moon all night long and still not get 12 to a liter. it's life... hehe.

i also don't think that it's wise to consider a SUV when FC is a big issue. small, 4 cylinder econoboxes is the way to go in the never-ending struggle against high fuel prices. that, and a revolution of epic proportions, haha

5. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Try the toyota d4d 2.5. I get around 9-10 km/l mixed hiway and city driving on our grandia van. So the innova should I think consume lesser coz its alot lighter than the van and it has the same engine. Yung gen1 crv ko before is around 6-7 mixed city and hiway. Kaya im thinking of getting an innova right now sobrang laki kasi if i use the grandia daily.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    From reports, the new CR-V should do around 8's in the same condition the old one did 6's.

I'd rate them this way, given a set driving condition in metro traffic:
    Old CR-V: 4-6
    New CR-V: 6-8
    Innova D4D: 8-10
    Crosswind: 8-10 din - A/T 10-12 - M/T

This is estimated from various trips I have taken in each.

The D4D series is one of the few CRDi series that's almost as frugal as the Crosswind engines.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    The 01 Crosswind XT/XTO (if you want and A/T) can do 10km/L in the city if you're light on the pedal.

I suggest you keep the CRV for long haul drives. You can squeeze up to 11-12 km/L on the highway based on my experience.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    problema kasi sa xto na a/t is its very slow. You tend to step on the gas pedal more sa sobrang bagal making it consume more fuel. If m/t na xto pwede pa

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    as much as possible if diesel, get the CRDi ..

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by redorange View Post
    Did you account for the larger tire and the difference in your odometer? Otherwise you are probably getting close to what you got before the tire change.
    When I did the math, its almost the same.

Quote Originally Posted by userfriendly View Post
    You may want to consider converting to lpg. Around 27 pesos per liter. Same fuel consumption and power but cheap fuel. I saw a 2nd gen CRV that was converted. They hid the tank under the picnic table for stock look.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29208
    I thought about that, in fact I saw a Gen2 CR-V for sale that is converted to LGP already... problem is that there are no LPG refilling stations in Cavite, so most of the time I will not be refuelling with LPG. It may be refuelled with LPG only when I go the Manila.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
CRV Fuel Nightmare