New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    i have a 03 crv, just want to ask if a vtec controller will help me increse my fuel mileage? need your opinion guys so that i know if i will still buy the vtec controller my friend is selling me.. thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by sparcom
    i have a 03 crv, just want to ask if a vtec controller will help me increse my fuel mileage? need your opinion guys so that i know if i will still buy the vtec controller my friend is selling me.. thanks!

A basic vtec controller will just adjust the trigger rpm when the vtec mode kicks in. Nope... it won't help.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    it might actually decrease your fuel mileage. The Vtec controller would decrease the RPM where the VTEC comes in. It would make your CRV faster but would burn more fuel.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    just keep your aircon blower low and thermostat 60%cool and keep your revs below 2000 rpm, keep tires properly inflated.. cheap way to conserve fuel.. :P

You'll be saving yourself 14k (thats howmuch a vtec controler is if i remember correctly)

5. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    thanks for your opinion guys! i just dont know what to do on my crv to increase my fuel mileage.. anyway, im planning to sell it na and get a new honda jazz or city 1.5vtec.. i talk to a new honda city 1.5 owner kanina sa honda makati, sabi niya 12km/l daw ang naconsume niya with in his breakin period niya, sabi pa niya it might increase his fuel mileage after the breakin period. i like the new tail lights of the jazz, LED na ngayon.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or sell your CRV and get a 2nd hand Rav4 SV (4x2). 10km/L yun.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    install a car fan and dont use the a/c hehe

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    convert your CRV to use LPG. It won't improve your milage but the cost of LPG is roughly half of gasoline.

Also changing tires to tires with low rolling resistance will also improve fuel milage in any vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Note, though, that low-rolling resistance tires (like Michelin Energy) give you longer braking distances. Still, as long as you're careful, the grip is pretty good anyway.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I'm a jazz vtec owner.. just last week my jazz went 5.6 km/l YES NOT KIDDING. (odo reading currently 1300++ km) My gas consumption has been fluctiating actually..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
CRV fuel economy, need help!