New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Mga bro, any suggestions where I could find replacement parts for a CRV 2000 automatic (post-ONDOY flood):

1) Front shocks (pwede ba kung KYB gamitin and what model? - gas or fluid-type) - may kalampag sa front-right side and lagutok sa left.
    2) Front suspension parts: ball joints etc.
    3) Horn - according sa mechanic, I need to buy a whole module?? (steering wheel??) and di na daw gumagana if you press the central portion of the steering wheel to sound the horn
    4) Replacement speedometer/tachometer? Around how much kaya ito?

Background: Totally na-submerge last September 2009 sa Ondoy, the computer box was repaired...luckily. The whole automatic transmission did not respond to initial flushing and nawalan ng hatak especially in inclined roads. So nag-replacement kit na lang.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

I'm just glad that after almost a year of waiting for trial and error repairs and saving money to buy certain parts, the CRV is already running again. Sana konti na lang gastos...my pocket is near empty

2. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    like what i tell most guys here, there are lots of parts (piyesa) sa banawe. the 2000 V is a fairly common car, parts is not a problem (i would know, i used to own one).

i would suggest taking the car to a trusted shop and dismantling every part that needs replacement. put the parts in a box and then hop into a cab go straight to banawe.

there, you'll have options whether you want originals (which are never originals, i tell you. more like replacements lang, with packages bearing honda stickers) or surplus parts. this is where the parts you brought along come in handy: show them as samples before you buy, make sure the bolt holes line up, size is same, etc etc.

yes there are KYB shocks sa banawe... 2K to 2.5K for civic e, expect to pay more for the crv which has a bigger size.

for your speedometer, do hit the surplus shops.

find someone who can disassemble you steering wheel there and have him come to the car. he must know how to troubleshoot the wheel or the airbag will explode.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Thanks for the suggestions...

My CRV's horns are now ok...turned out to be just a busted fuse.

Front shocks have been replaced with KYB and so far no problems.

Since my CRV's comp box was only "repaired" after being submerged in Ondoy...there's a persistent "check engine" signal that's lighted on the instrument panel/gauge assembly. Although the CRV runs seemingly without problem, I'm a bit concerned that it might eventually be a prelude to more headaches.

Before the mechanic-owner of a car-repair shop delivered my "repaired" CRV, he told me that it would be best if I replaced the comp box.

Are there any reliable replacement CRV (year 2000) comp boxes available in Banawe or am I better off ordering the expensive one from HONDA service center (quoted * P67K )

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    67K for a 10 year old car?

nope. go surplus na lang. tapos sell the car...

CRV 2000 (Automatic): need replacement parts...help!