New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    in my previous post, i requested for input on which suv to buy (escape or cr-v). after much consideration, i decided on the cr-v.
    i got the unit, a 2002 4x2 a/t cr-v, on monday and traveled back to legazpi city on tuesday morning.
    i was expecting to pay a lot for gas given the cr-v's reputation for being a gas guzzler. so when i filled up at the petron station (bauan batangas) i reset the trip meter to gauge my km/l. btw, i instructed the gas attendant that once the auto stop of the fuel pump engages indicating the tank is full, that he should not add any more fuel.

when i reached quezon, i dont know if it was plaridel lopez or gumaca, i re-filled the tank with the same instructions to the gas attendant.

my gas consumption - traveled 152.4 kilometers, consumed 11.57 liters of unleaded gas. which means that i consumed about 13.171 km/l!

i couldnt believe it. but come to think of it, i even had better consumption when i traveled from manila to batangas, where I consumed more than 15 km/l (traveled about 90 km). absolutely amazing.

anyway, just wanted to share my pleasant experience about the new ride i bought.

btw, i average about 70 km/h when i drive. i used the gas saving driving tips i learned from the other posts, i.e. slow acceleration, anticipating traffic ahead, etc.
    also, i dont have any gas saving device installed nor am i endorsing any brand or type of fuel AND my car's wheels and mags are stock.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    honestly sir, that is the benefit of driving at highway speeds.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    ^^^ ditto. and you're using the gas-saving techniques, most of which you won't be able to use most of the time in city driving.

congrats though with the purchase! :D

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    actually, the cr-v is more fuel efficient on long drives (based on our trips to pangasinan). Motor oil and gasoline are factors talaga. Based on my observations, when we got our CR-V 2.0 mt 8-pax a year ago, unleaded and semi-synthetic yung gamit namin. we get around 10km/l dati. But since nagpalit kami ng fully-synthetic and techron gold, we get 13-14km/l. Sa city driving (pre fully synthetic and techron gold days), malakas talaga, we get only 4-5km/l. Now we get mga 7km/l.

5. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    On our 2004 4x2 A/T, I get around 6-8 kms/liter in the the City. On provincial trips, I get about 11kms per liter.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    true true. sa city, we only get 7 km/l. same model 02 4x2 a/t. i get probably 10km/l pag highway since i dont follow gas saving techniques. hehehe
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    but...

the same mileage can't be achieved from gumaca/lopez to naga either

thru: Quirino hiway (90kms, road under construction) or thru Daet (2 to 3 hours more)

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Our 03 CRV A/T 8 seater gets 7 km/l in the city and around 12 km/l highway. I'm able to squeeze it to 14 if pure highway. I press the throttle like there's a raw egg under my foot.

congrats on your purchase BTW.

That figure is just about right. Just follow your regular maintenance ok na yan, it will improve if you use a fully synthetic motor oil + ATF.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Even the Ford Expedition gets more than 10km/L when driven conservatively on the highway. In city driving it only gets between 2-4km/L.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
cr-v: gas guzzler?