New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hello Sirs,

Ask ko lang what is the correct tire pressure for 1996 Honda Civic VTEC VTI Automatic. Normally kasi, 35 PSI ang gamit ko for both front and rear tires.

Now that all prices are high, I need to know this para sa Fuel Efficiency.

Thanks in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    i am not particularly sure what the required tire pressure is for your car but i am pretty sure 35psi is quite high. 29-31 would be safe i think.

you can read your can manual for the right specs or look for the sticker at the located near the locking mechanism of the driver side door.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks for your reply. Sinunod ko advice mo, ginawa ko nang 30 PSI all tires.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    31 lang. 35 is so hard magiging matatag yan

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by areleich View Post
    Hello Sirs,

Ask ko lang what is the correct tire pressure for 1996 Honda Civic VTEC VTI Automatic. Normally kasi, 35 PSI ang gamit ko for both front and rear tires.

Now that all prices are high, I need to know this para sa Fuel Efficiency.

Thanks in advance.
    Follow tire recomended inflation located on the sidewall of your tire.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I run mine at 34-35psi, hindi naman matatag. The maximum recommended pressure for most tires nowadays is 40-42psi, and that's actually a fairly conservative number.

In general:
    Low pressure: softer ride, possible tirewall flex (leading to uneven tire wear and sloppy handling), higher fuel consumption
    High pressure: firmer ride, tighter handling (pero konti lang), lower consumption

Find your personal preference nalang based on feel.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^ hmm if i remember correctly, the lower the psi will result more rubber contact... hence better handling. (roll resistance)... wag lang sobrang low like 24-26... yari ka dun.

38-40+ psi is too much... sureball, uneven thread wear sa gitna.

i run mine at 32 front 30 rear...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    for sedans its 31psi if it is cold and 33 psi hot
    (i recommend 30 but when you pull the airhose from the valve i automatically lose 1psi thus 31 psi is my recommended pressure)

For SUV (pajero)
    31 front/37 rear

for mud off-roading only
    15-24 psi (for maximum contact patch)

Spare tyre= 45 psi (since i only add air to it every other month.)

9. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    based on the manufacturer's recommendation, i find it a bit under pressure. probably for their own benefit that the suspension won't get laspag within the warranty

what i do is: add to go up by 2 or more psi than recommended then observe the handling and at the same time, visually check kung hindi naman medyo "dapa" that can cause early damage on the sidewall (cracks, bukol etc)

another is yung hindi marurumihan yung thread malapit sa sidewall - malambot yun

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    based on the manufacturer's recommendation, i find it a bit under pressure. probably for their own benefit that the suspension won't get laspag within the warranty

what i do is: add to go up by 2 or more psi than recommended then observe the handling and at the same time, visually check kung hindi naman medyo "dapa" that can cause early damage on the sidewall (cracks, bukol etc)

another is yung hindi marurumihan yung thread malapit sa sidewall - malambot yun
    out of experience the difference between the wear and tear of the ball joints is very significant between a car that has 30 psi and one that has 32 psi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Correct Tire Pressure