New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    A blessed holy week po mga Sir!,

Gusto ko lang po humingi ng mga comments and suggestions po ninyo about the following model of Honda:

WHAT: HONDA CIVIC VTI-S
    YEAR: 2002 - 2004
    BUDGET: 300,000 php

Ask ko lang po sana mga Sir kung worth it siya for my budget? I would like to know po sana kasi me and my dad is looking for a second hand car na magiging worth sa alloted budget namin. We almost considered to buy a brand new car, however, gusto ko sana na i-widen yung mga options namin. I saw a post regarding 2004 Honda Civic VTI-S at nagustuhan ko yung itsura nya, yung nga lang po mga Sir, eto po ang aking mga katanungan.

a. Is it worth it for our budget (300,000k)?
    b. Is it fuel efficient considered it has 1.6 engine?
    c. Ang mga parts po ay available at madaling makahanap?

Your responses would be highly appreciated mga Sir!

Thank you po! and God bless

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlfg09 View Post

Gusto ko lang po humingi ng mga comments and suggestions po ninyo about the following model of Honda:

Ask ko lang po sana mga Sir kung worth it siya for my budget? I would like to know po sana kasi me and my dad is looking for a second hand car na magiging worth sa alloted budget namin. We almost considered to buy a brand new car, however, gusto ko sana na i-widen yung mga options namin. I saw a post regarding 2004 Honda Civic VTI-S at nagustuhan ko yung itsura nya, yung nga lang po mga Sir, eto po ang aking mga katanungan.

a. From what I know Vti-s are priced above 300k. I suggest you set aside an additional 50k for repairs being a pre - owned car.
    b. Depends on the condition of the car and driving style.
    c. Parts are easy to source although "mahal" being a Honda.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Emlfg09 View Post

Based on my experience, best if you go for a unit that you know the history if you're considering a second hand. In 2007, nakabili ako ng VTI 2002 model for 390k dito rin sa tsikot.com ko nakita yung unit. Binenta ko after 8 months hindi dahil sa sirain, dahil nag-abroad ako. It was a good experience so in 2010 nag try ulit ako bumili ng honda, this time 2003 model VTI-S for 415k. Yap medyo mahal kasi sa buy and sell shop ko sya nakita. And this time and daming lumitaw na sira after mga ilang months. What I mean is swertihan lang din siguro kahit na mag mechanic kapa kasama pag tumigin di naman makikita lahat ng history unless kakilala mo talaga pagbibilhan mo.

Ako kung bibili ulit ako ng sasakyan, I will go for brand new kung kaya naman ng budget. Just my opinion...

4. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Oks na yan 300k for a Civic ES (2001-2005). Go for the facelifted models (2004-2005) if you can. Civics are usually priced high on the used market but over 350k is a bit too much for a Civic ES since some early Civic FD (2006-2011) could be had for 400k already. The Civic ES and Altis (2001-2005) are the best in fuel efficiency among its counterparts with a 1.6L engine. Engine parts are easily accessible, even outside the casa. If you want a more powerful engine, a limited edition Civic ES (Civic 2.0 i-Vtec) was released in 2004-2005 with a K20 engine (same engine as the 7th gen 2.0L Accord and 2nd gen CRV 2.0L). These limited edition Civic ES K20 are also priced the same as the 1.6L VTi-S model in the used market.

5. Join Date
    May 2013
    ok sya sa budget, and I got mine slightly higher than that and matipid sya but it depends on your step on the accelerator. As of the parts, medyo pricey but considering your ride, it is good to have honda parts bought at CASA. Hope it helps

6. Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Wifey's ES 05 model best mileage on a 1 full tank was* 16.82L/km. Done that on 4days RT Bats -Alabang with an ave. 2000 rpm or 80km/hr speed. Econo driving but halos konti Lang time diff w/ my normal traveling time. ES still a looker until now..mas in demand sa mga used cars. Compared that to my gen2 CRV manual same driving condition my results was only 11.7km/L.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    I agree with the suggestion of going with the later models '04-'05. Hindi lang sa looks, earlier models are reported to have idling issues sa AT. If you really have to go with the '01-'02 models, get the MT. 300-320k should get you a decent one. I got my '05 at 320k but in very good condition. fuel consumption is very good, I think I get 11-12km/li on spirited city driving on moderate-heavy traffic. fuel efficient + power ang gusto ko sa kanya, it uses a VTEC3 engine... 3-stage VTEC, it's fuel efficient if you are light on the pedal but can go sporty when you floor it. 130HP yan.

with regards to reliability, a US website listed the 04-05 models as one of the most reliable civics (http://www.carcomplaints.com/Honda/Civic/). pero syempre swertihan din nga, hindi lang sa 2nd hand yan kahit bumili ka pa ng bnew minsan may topak din. check the CASA history kung meron para at least may idea ka ano yung mga napalitan na or nadiagnose. silipin mo ang makina kung may mga nagalaw na o napalitan. minsan di rin naman nakakatulong magdala ng mekaniko esp for hondas kasi di lahat ng mekaniko alam yan hehe

if there's one negative I could say about the ES model is that the features are very basic. simple A/C and CD/radio unit lang. no bells and whistles esp compared to its rivals like the Mazda 3. but I still prefer the ES, madali naman iupgrade ang mga yun hehe

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    300k medyo mura for 2004 model, yan din pinagsisihan ko bakit Lxi yung pinili ko for 250k, Mas maganda pala VTI-S dahil VTec yung Engine hehe. Di kasi ako nag-research. I agree, set aside 50k for repairs. One thing meron yung mga sellers, is they try very hard to conceal problems knowing any problems detected will decrease the car's value dramatically.

Dala ka ng mekaniko to check the engine saka isang marunong tumingin sa Body. Repainted at makinis does not mean naingatan yan, baka pinakinis lang dahil may tinatagong previous na bangga.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ebsmaru View Post
    I agree with the suggestion of going with the later models '04-'05. Hindi lang sa looks, earlier models are reported to have idling issues sa AT.
    sorry I was meant to say transmission issues, not idling hehe