New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Hi Sirs,
    Napapansin ko lang sa Civic 2003 Lxi ko, yung Radiator fan Hindi umaandar pag hindi bukas yung Aircon. Tinest ko sya, start, 10 minutes Idle, 5 minute run, then open ko yung hood hindi talaga umaandar yung rad fan pag naka off ang Aircon. Mga 5 mins ko inantay hindi nag-oon. Pag binuksan ko yung aircon, ayun, umaandar yung dalawang rad fan, tapos sumasabay sya sa automatic On-off ng aircon.

Nakarekta kaya ito sa linya ng Aircon or ganito lang talaga to? Alam ko kasi sa Thermo switch bubukas ang Rad fan pag mainit.

Kung may problema sa ganito, san kaya makapagtitiwalaang mapatingin to sa Bulacan or Quezon City area?

Hindi naman ako nag-ooverheat pero napapraning lang parang hindi tama na sumasabay sa aircon yung Radiator fans. Hehe BTW, 2nd hand ko kasi nabili to kaya wala ako history ng mga problema nito.

Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by yojstamaria View Post
    Hi Sirs,
    Napapansin ko lang sa Civic 2003 Lxi ko, yung Radiator fan Hindi umaandar pag hindi bukas yung Aircon. Tinest ko sya, start, 10 minutes Idle, 5 minute run, then open ko yung hood hindi talaga umaandar yung rad fan pag naka off ang Aircon. Mga 5 mins ko inantay hindi nag-oon. Pag binuksan ko yung aircon, ayun, umaandar yung dalawang rad fan, tapos sumasabay sya sa automatic On-off ng aircon.

Nakarekta kaya ito sa linya ng Aircon or ganito lang talaga to? Alam ko kasi sa Thermo switch bubukas ang Rad fan pag mainit.

Kung may problema sa ganito, san kaya makapagtitiwalaang mapatingin to sa Bulacan or Quezon City area?

Hindi naman ako nag-ooverheat pero napapraning lang parang hindi tama na sumasabay sa aircon yung Radiator fans. Hehe BTW, 2nd hand ko kasi nabili to kaya wala ako history ng mga problema nito.

Thanks!
    If you turn the key to "on" position, does the radiator fan engage? If yes then the thermo switch has been bypassed, if not then try to turn on the aircon and rev your engine for 3 minutes till the auxiliary fans disengage, repeat the steps until such a time the radiator fan will engage first before the condenser fan. You may try this first before bringing your car to a trusted mechanic, hopefully this is the scenario since your car is not overheating.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ans_lim168 View Post
    If you turn the key to "on" position, does the radiator fan engage? If yes then the thermo switch has been bypassed, if not then try to turn on the aircon and rev your engine for 3 minutes till the auxiliary fans disengage, repeat the steps until such a time the radiator fan will engage first before the condenser fan. You may try this first before bringing your car to a trusted mechanic, hopefully this is the scenario since your car is not overheating.
    no, rad fan does not engage if I turn the key to On position. I'll try your steps as soon as I get home. What I observed is when the aircon is on, the fans turn on also, but yes, there are times rad fan engages first before condenser fan, I'm just not sure why they just engage whenever I turn on the aircon, natatakot lang baka if I decide to drive without aircon, I will overheat, I'll try your steps later and observe longer. thanks!

4. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    no, rad fan does not engage if I turn the key to On position. I'll try your steps as soon as I get home. What I observed is when the aircon is on, the fans turn on also, but yes, there are times rad fan engages first before condenser fan, I'm just not sure why they just engage whenever I turn on the aircon, natatakot lang baka if I decide to drive without aircon, I will overheat, I'll try your steps later and observe longer. thanks!
    Then it's okay, no cause for alarm since there are times the rad fan turns first before the condenser fan, that means the water temp has reached the maximum allowed that's why the fan turns. Try to drive without aircon and sense if the rad fan also turns, my hunch is your cooling system is just fine.
    Last edited by ans_lim168; June 5th, 2013 at 04:44 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Then it's okay, no cause for alarm since there are times the rad fan turns first before the condenser fan, that means the water temp has reached the maximum allowed that's why the fan turns. Try to drive without aircon and sense if the rad fan also turns, my hunch is your cooling system is just fine.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    double post.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Just updating this thread, I got to test them, and oo nga, nag-on sya after 15 minutes. Tagal ko rin inintay and I was about to close the hood then the rad fan came alive without the Aircon on, then shut off again after a while. Lol! hehe Paranoid lang talaga siguro ako, I think the engine is not hot enough for it to activate hehe.

I got a manual downloaded from PDF and I saw other problems from my car but I'll post it in a proper thread.

Thanks Sir hehe.