New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2010
    Greetings!

Newbie here, Ive got honda civic lx 94 model carbureted. Recently, i've observed that my idle goes up to about 1200rpm right after the a/c automatically or manually switched off. it will stay there until the a/c goes back automatically or when i put on some gas on the pedal. the vacuum switch is new. what could be the problem? is this normal on carb type cars?

thanks!
    Last edited by nogalits; May 2nd, 2010 at 03:17 PM. Reason: edit tittle

2. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by nogalits View Post
    Greetings!

Newbie here, Ive got honda civic lx 94 model carbureted. Recently, i've observed that my idle goes up to about 1200rpm right after the a/c automatically or manually switched off. it will stay there until the a/c goes back automatically or when i put on some gas on the pedal. the vacuum switch is new. what could be the problem? is this normal on carb type cars?

thanks!
    first, adjust the engine idler screw down to +/-800rpm, next adjust the a/c idle compensator screw (with a/c clutch"on") also to +/- rpm. both screws are located on the the carb...

3. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by lancer5790 View Post
    first, adjust the engine idler screw down to +/-800rpm, next adjust the a/c idle compensator screw (with a/c clutch"on") also to +/- rpm. both screws are located on the the carb...

[SIZE=5]thanks for the reply sir, akala ko wala n magpost ng reply. ako nalang yata kasi my carbed honda car. hehe. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=5]God Bless![/SIZE]

Civic LX 94 MT Carbureted, idle goes up when a/c turns off