New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    sirs, on my way to mandaluyong from baclaran, i took the route sa likod ng rob pioneer may hanging part dun na medyo matarik hindi ko pa masyado gamay ung civic manual timpla-timpla lang ung gas at clutch i seldom step on the brake habang nasa traffic medyo puno kami so madiin ung rev ko. by the time na nasa taas na kami nangamoy clutch/brake fluid ung civic ko tapos for 1 time nawalan ng kagat ung clutch. ano kaya naging problem mga sir? kelangan ko ba dalhin sa service center to check on the clutch kit or something? thanks for reading and comments.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You probably overheated the clutch.

Potential problems:
    -premature wear
    -potential glazing of the clutch surface

If the clutch acts normal, you're fine.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    You probably overheated the clutch.

Potential problems:
    -premature wear
    -potential glazing of the clutch surface

If the clutch acts normal, you're fine.
    thanks sir, btw, nung nasa mandaluyong na ako pinahinga ko muna ung civic for about 2 hours tapos i head to greenhills, sa parking sa tapat ng promenade sa taas medyo traffic ulit paakyat pero mga 2 stops lang naman, nangamoy ulit ung clutch but the clutch acts normal naman. im just worried about the clutch smell baka my problem na kelangan maagapan agad. should i have it checked sir or ok lang ung clutch. thanks thanks

4. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    You need to practice your clutch work. "Hanging" is actually one of the bad things you can do to your car as it will overheat the clutch. They show that in driving school to merely teach the concept. It's not meant to be done regularly.

While stopped at an incline longer than several seconds, use the brake or handbrake to hold the vehicle steady, not the clutch.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    You need to practice your clutch work. "Hanging" is actually one of the bad things you can do to your car as it will overheat the clutch. They show that in driving school to merely teach the concept. It's not meant to be done regularly.

While stopped at an incline longer than several seconds, use the brake or handbrake to hold the vehicle steady, not the clutch.
    i agree sir to be honest, i've been driving since 1995 back then till this year, toyota lang nahawakan ko. having acquired civic fd manual last few months, nahihirapan ako mag adjust sa timpla-timpla. my difference ba talaga manual driving ng toyota at honda o ako lang naninibago? nevertheless, ur right sir i have no choice but to master the clutch work esp hanging situations. thanks

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Based from your post - I'd say it's clutch-driving that caused it. You mentioned bihira ka kasi mag-brakes and di mo pa gamay ang timpla PLUS mataas revs mo pag-drive kasi puno, a good scenario for your clutch to overheat IMO as GH said.

Practice lang yan. Lusot naman yan usually kung first time pero pag madalas na expect to have parts replaced as a consequence.

Enjoy driving bro.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    i've driven a manual tranny FD and it's clutch is light and easy to modulate. unlike the old accords and civics and crvs.

i dont want to sound mean here ha, pero i think something is wrong with your driving technique given that you still burn clutches on inclines after a decade's worth of driving experience. i hope you do not drive along a traffic free edsa at 30 KPH (i hate those types of drivers).

i suggest you observe how jeepney drivers drive next time, see how they do it.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by voltscastillo View Post
    i've driven a manual tranny FD and it's clutch is light and easy to modulate. unlike the old accords and civics and crvs.

i dont want to sound mean here ha, pero i think something is wrong with your driving technique given that you still burn clutches on inclines after a decade's worth of driving experience. i hope you do not drive along a traffic free edsa at 30 KPH (i hate those types of drivers).

i suggest you observe how jeepney drivers drive next time, see how they do it.
    yes sir its ok. i admit it's my bad thanks

civic fd nag amoy clutch/brake fluid habang natraffic sa hanging. need advice po sirs