New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Madami din kasi ondoy victim na FD, my cousin sold his 09 2.0S 485K only pero nothing to fix na dun. The sad part hindi alam ng buyer na ondoy car yun. Kaya ingat sa mga 2nd hand, you will never know unless honest seller ang bibilhan which i doubt kasi they want to dispose the unit. Daming ganyan sa Pampanga, dun kasi nagagawa nila lahat ng ondoy kaya dami nagbebenta dun ondoy flooded units.
    x2 on this. I noticed a lot of Ondoy victim FDs as well when i would go to the shop in Pampanga where my in-law's Vios was repaired (flooded din)... mahusay nga sila. I think this ranks together with the Vios, Innova as having a good chance of being flooded due to the sheer amount of units sold and that this was mainly bought by the middle class to upper middle class and affluent buyers whose homes were primarily the Ondoy victims as well.

Depreciation-wise, the first models of the FD should really be in the 500K level already IMO. I personally think the ES models (04 to 05) should be more in the 350K to low 400K range (for a really good unit or the rare 2.0) although not to0 much were sold as compared to the FD as others have mentioned.

As for flooded cars, a friend who personally worked on Ondoy cars said there is a night and day difference in salvaging a flooded car that was attended to immediately after the flood (as in within 24 to 48 hours, it was disassembled cleaned out) and those that lingered for days to weeks to months.
    Last edited by vinj; December 6th, 2010 at 06:28 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jimnyeatworld View Post
    ang acceptable FC ngaun siguro sa FD nyo eh 8km/liter noh allcity. ok na yun sa inyo ngaun?

way way back when i was driving a honda esi then a honda vti, may fuel consumption is minimum of 13km/liter all-city yan.

the reason why the es has more resale value eh grabe i just compared my 99 CRV first gen's FC sa 2001 es na kebigan ko. ang half full tank niya eh 380km, full tank ko na yun sa CRV first gen

kainggit ka yun kebigan ko and he does field sales all over the metro.

i'm doing 7.5km/liter at 2.0 CRV engine. halos pareho lang ng FD pero na naka-sedan kayo, dapat mas matipid pa
    8km/L for a fast 2.0Li i-VTEC sedan is good.

AFAIK i-VTEC is not made for FC, made for more speed ata.

I'd choose speed than efficiency.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Mura ba? hindi naman IMO.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Aside from the possible ondoy issues,

The 06 FDs were cheap then kasi may introductory price of somewhere near the ES pricing. I remember getting our 06 1.8S AT for somewhere around 870k.

Ngayon, ang 2010 1.8S AT will easily cost you 978k already.

If you depreciate 870K from 2006 to 2011, then I suppose the 450-500k range is really acceptable din naman. 5 years na yan!

5. Join Date
    May 2010
    hmm. I rarely see FD's (1.8v, 1.8s) being sold at around 450K - 550K.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Thanks for the inputs. If the FD2.0L averages 8Km/L as posted by one of our tsikot member, could the FD1.8L variant hit the 10Km/L FC? ? Our Fort2.7Gas averages 7.9-8km/L mixed city&highway driving i guess it isn't that bad compared to a sedan with an 8km/L fc. Light foot on the gas pedal with semi hataw. I'm planning to use it as my daily car sana. My EKVti averages 10Km/L. I know its hard to compare a 1.6L and 1.8L when it comes to Fuel consumption but some say they can reach the 2 digit figure- with their FC. Well i guess mas advisable kung kumuha na lang ng brand new unit or units that were released after that Ondoy disaster.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Kapag madalas ka mag highway, papatak ka talaga ng double digit FC.

I'm doing 8-9 with pure city driving.

Our EK VTi 1.6AT did 7-8 pure city driving in comparison.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    siguro sa mileage nya vs year...

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by RG-93 View Post
    Thanks for the inputs. If the FD2.0L averages 8Km/L as posted by one of our tsikot member, could the FD1.8L variant hit the 10Km/L FC? ? Our Fort2.7Gas averages 7.9-8km/L mixed city&highway driving i guess it isn't that bad compared to a sedan with an 8km/L fc. Light foot on the gas pedal with semi hataw. I'm planning to use it as my daily car sana. My EKVti averages 10Km/L. I know its hard to compare a 1.6L and 1.8L when it comes to Fuel consumption but some say they can reach the 2 digit figure- with their FC. Well i guess mas advisable kung kumuha na lang ng brand new unit or units that were released after that Ondoy disaster.
    Can't compare cars unless they're on the same drive cycle. I've hit 18 km/l on an FD 1.8MT on the highway cycle.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    My FC with 1.8 AT is 6.5 to 7.5 km per liter. Light to moderate traffic 10 km morning and 10 km at night

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Civic FD bakit mura