New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    well...the time has come for me to replace my stock exhaust. Now parang gusto ko talaga ay greddy evo1 or evo2 for my civic eg. Any feedback with greddy exhaust?

Ayaw ko naman ricey ang dating and iyong masyadong maingay. Gusto ko lang ay medyo deep growl and iyong nice looks. Botas na kasi ang ilang section ng muffler ko and it's time for a make over na.

Ano po ba ang ibang exhaust na pwede kong pamilian? Medyo ndi ko type ang Apexi kasi ndi ko gusto ang style.

Any tips/ideas? salamas!

2. Join Date
    Dec 2003
    tanabe racing medallion

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hks

4. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Tanabe G medallion. pansin ko this is not so loud

5. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    ok...mag tse check ako ng tanabe...merong nagbebenta dini ng 5zigen tsek ko nga rin. thanks!

6. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    GReddy SP2 ung pang street

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I once had a Borla for my Plymouth Laser RS Turbo which got replaced by a Greddy coinciding with the time I replaced the engine. You'll get a turbo tone. So the ricey factor is there whether you like it or not. But then again, I also had HKS mods for the 2L turbo. All in all, it had the hp to back up the deep exhaust note.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    question, wala naman ba effect if you change to any exhaust maliban sa stock if your car is equipped with catalytic converter?

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by recklus View Post
    question, wala naman ba effect if you change to any exhaust maliban sa stock if your car is equipped with catalytic converter?
    Meron naman, but the difference is small... kung 1.6 to 2.0 lang yung engine, maybe 2-3 hp kung muffler lang, 2 hp kung aalisin yung catalytic lang, at mga 5-8 hp kung kukuha ka ng headers (depende sa design... mas maganda pag orig, usually). From my experience, the most dramatic effects are from headers (most power) and removing the cat (mawawala ang hesitation at low rpms).

Set-up ko K&N intake - headers - cat delete - midpipe - stock muffler. +10 hp sa dyno...

It's always better to balance your set-up for what you want to do. If you only change the muffler and intake, magigigng maingay siya pero kaunti lang ang difference (di mo pa mararamdaman masyado).

If you change everything, mawawalan ka ng low-end torque... babagal yung pick-up niya sa traffic, pero bibilis din naman siya pag binirit (mga 4000 rpms pataas). Yung set-up ko, naka-optimize para di masyadong humina yung torque, di masyadong maingay, pero maganda yung top-end power.
    Last edited by niky; December 24th, 2006 at 01:42 AM.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    But removing the catalytic converter makes your car an air pollutant (from factory, this has been minimized) and another contributor to Global warming. Cats remove harmful toxins from the exhaust gases before it's released through the tailpipe.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Civic Exhaust question: Greddy/Others?