New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2008
    kabibili ko lng ng unit na to mga 8 months ago la pa 10k natatakbo.. napasin ko khapon ung speedometer mali ata ung reading.. ambilis tumaas ng reading pag babagalan ko nmn hindi kagad bumaba ung reading.. cguro eto ung problem sa digital...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    So far, you're the only one I know who encountered this problem. I've had my 07 FD for 15 mos. and speedo is fine.

Anyway, if you want to troubleshoot, you can use the stock radio to isolate if it's an instrumentation problem or a speed sensor problem.

1. Start the engine.
    2. Turn off your radio.
    3. Hold buttons 1 and 6 and turn on the power. It will enter diagnostics mode ("DIAG" will be shown on the display)
    4. Press button 5 and you will see the vehicle speed besides the clock
    5. Drive the car.

Note that the vehicle speed readout on the radio is not updated as frequently as the main speedometer so expect some lag.

If the vehicle speed on the radio also jumps up and down or is spurious, it could be the sensor. If it's fairly stable, the problem could just lie on the main speedometer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOAOFNJ1K3w"]YouTube - Vehicle Speed Displayed on the Stock Radio[/ame]

Worst case, just bring it to your favourite Honda dealer since it's still under warranty.

civic '08 speedometer problem?