New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Hi tsikot it's my first post here.

I just want to hear your opinions regarding with my plan of changing my engine into d15b vtec. My current ride is a 92 civic hatchback with ph12 engine and i already put some money on it.

My Question:

1. Its better to sell my current car and buy a hatch equipped wiith d15? (considering it's mileage).
    2. or change engine which cost around 65k and low mileage from japan?

hope i did right post in this section.

Thank you.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Change engine nalang sir. Pero dapat fresh surplus.
    Kasi pag change car, di mo alam history nung car.
    At least pag change engine, alam mo mismo kasi ikaw bumuo.
    Keep your old engine or sell it whole or part out para makatipid ka pdg:beer::beer:

Peace out!

3. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken Dominguez View Post
    Hi tsikot it's my first post here.

I just want to hear your opinions regarding with my plan of changing my engine into d15b vtec. My current ride is a 92 civic hatchback with ph12 engine and i already put some money on it.

My Question:

1. Its better to sell my current car and buy a hatch equipped wiith d15? (considering it's mileage).
    2. or change engine which cost around 65k and low mileage from japan?

hope i did right post in this section.

Thank you.
    Pag nagpalit kang makina, you might want to replace the tranny to maximize your new engine's potential. Just my 0.02 worth.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how did you know that the engine you are getting is a low mileage engine from japan?

5. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldog View Post
    how did you know that the engine you are getting is a low mileage engine from japan?
    maybe the seller would inform me before tear down of the car.

any reputable shops that you can recommend? kasi ipa ship ko pa sa bacolod city so di ko makilatis ng mabuti yung engine before ipadala.

Thanks

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by LNopal View Post
    Pag nagpalit kang makina, you might want to replace the tranny to maximize your new engine's potential. Just my 0.02 worth.
    i need more info on this. other forum suggest ph12 tranny daw mas maganda pair sa d15b sa quarter mile? how true is this info.

Thanks

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    change engine if your keeping the car for sentimental value. upgrade to a sir body civic if daily driven.

are you into racing? drag or track? yes ph12 tranny will give you better time quarter mile but everyday car, mapipikon ka kasi short gear ratio. If your plan is for track day, ok d15 but if your planning for a better base line engine, get a b16a.

initial d sa evangelist makati lang alam ko that has good surplus engines. better ship the car to Manila and get the upgrade here than ship without test to bacolod. wala warranty yan Lalo na kung hindi sila magkakabit.

hth

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by [archie] View Post
    change engine if your keeping the car for sentimental value. upgrade to a sir body civic if daily driven.

are you into racing? drag or track? yes ph12 tranny will give you better time quarter mile but everyday car, mapipikon ka kasi short gear ratio. If your plan is for track day, ok d15 but if your planning for a better base line engine, get a b16a.

initial d sa evangelist makati lang alam ko that has good surplus engines. better ship the car to Manila and get the upgrade here than ship without test to bacolod. wala warranty yan Lalo na kung hindi sila magkakabit.

hth
    Plan ko kasi na build pang quarter mile na class D at pang week end car ko lang to. maganda yung b16a kaso medyo mahal kung b series b18 nalang .

Baka too expensive yung trip pa manila compare ship engine.

One more thing Nag Change Engine ba ang Honda casa?

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yep mahal nga b series makina. d15 and ph12 for play time is good in my opinion. yun nga lang isang araw baka mabagalan ka na d15.hehe

mas expensive kung papaship oto pero at least makikitang umandar muna. baka maloko kasi. but it's your risk. I don't know if gumagawa ng change engine casa pero kung oo, malamang sobrsng mahal.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    If you're planning to keep the car forever, go ahead and change the engine. BUT if you're planning to sell it after a few years, then I suggest don't. A car which has undergone the process of engine swapping is ridiculously hard to sell.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast