New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Hi guys, it's me again..

My ESi won't start after being parked outside in the rain because of the CEL. The CEL won't go off in a few seconds and I can't start my car if it's not yet turned off. I should wait for about 5 to 10 minutes, but after starting and running the car for a while, it goes back to normal (3 - 5 seconds off na agad CEL). During sunny days, the CEL takes 3 to 5 seconds to turn off.

What could be the culprit? Hope you can help me with this because I can't start my car right away when it's parked in the rain..

2. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Just wanna up this guys.. Maybe some of you have experienced this..?

3. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Why can't you start the car with the CEL on?

Sa lumang VTi EK namin, the CEL will turn off about 1-2 seconds from turning the key into the ON position pero as far as I know, ok lang naman i-start ang car habang nakabukas pa yung CEL.

If the CEL stays on while the car is on - then that's a problem.

Baka may nababasa lang na sensor? Not sure.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    when was the last time you replace your spark plugs?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    it's probably a loose sensor somewhere... the moisture in the air is contaminating the loose contact. check the ignition line to the starter, and the batt terminals (could be loose or corroded).

6. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Why can't you start the car with the CEL on?

Sa lumang VTi EK namin, the CEL will turn off about 1-2 seconds from turning the key into the ON position pero as far as I know, ok lang naman i-start ang car habang nakabukas pa yung CEL.

If the CEL stays on while the car is on - then that's a problem.

Baka may nababasa lang na sensor? Not sure.
    I really can't start it. Nag reredondo but it doesn't start.. I already brought it to a shop, but they can't trace what the problem could be.

CEL turns on after parking in the rain.. HELP!